EX10 Mod

striwa88

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering if it would be possible to do a MC-E mod on a EX10 and keep the variable light funtion? And also if it is who would be able to do that, and what price please?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the original driver, the only benefit would be a slightly higher efficiency. The beam would also be very floody.

ja10

Enlightened
If I remember right, a few people have already done this mod, and one guy for sure switched it back. I don't think the MC-E is the best choice for such a small host.

striwa88

Newly Enlightened
Would the p7 be a better choice? I would not mind losing the spot for the flood beam. If anyone can do this mod I would be interested in a quote.

Thanks

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would the p7 be a better choice?
This post taken from the thread I referenced above should help you decide whether you want to pursue this mod or not:
Is P7 brighter than R2 on max?

I don't care the throw; just wandering about the total lumens.
No. The R2 has better efficiency and should be brighter at the same current. Doesn't help putting a led that can take a gazillion amps into a flashligt when the circuit is still putting out 500ma. Efficiency is what counts here.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would the p7 be a better choice? I would not mind losing the spot for the flood beam. If anyone can do this mod I would be interested in a quote.

Thanks

Maybe you might be better off getting the Mini EDC. Choice of MCE or P7, about same size as EX10. I have both, I rather keep the original pill for EX10, it's a useful light for throw and flood now that it's upgraded to R2. Mini EDC is just flood with a short time usage (max) before it gets hot, unless it's the wow factor you desire. :)

Last edited: