Suggestions, please, for the right EDC

artec540

Enlightened
I've tried using a number of lights as my EDC but so far, none has proved to be exactly what I want. I've tried the following:

Ra Clicky (too heavy but about the right length)
Novatac 120T (again, too heavy but about the right length)
Olight titanium Infinitum (nice weight but a bit too long)

Ideally, it should have a polished reflector, for throw, be 65 to 75 mm long, 20 to 22 mm diameter, use a rechargeable battery (preferably an RCR 123) and be polished aluminum or titanium. I'd like it to have at least two modes, max and strobe, though more than two is ok as long as those two are easily accessible without dancing through multiple control contortions. Naturally, I'd like the greatest possibly output and throw but I'm not so concerned with spread or run-time.

This is for a pocket rather than a key ring, for which I have a Lummi Raw.

Any suggestions will be received with gratitude, even if they don't fill all the criteria.

Thanks!

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe look at a Bitz. Seems like it may fit the bill.
Also a good one to consider is the Liteflux 3XT.

A simple Fenix PD20 may work too. Nightcore EX10 should be everything you want except for the strobe.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Naturally, I'd like the greatest possibly output and throw but I'm not so concerned with spread or run-time.

Dereelight C2H pocket rocket, 1x123. But you need to surf through modes. No Strobe. No titanium. SMO reflector option.

Last edited:

HKJ

Flashaholic
I'd like it to have at least two modes, max and strobe, though more than two is ok as long as those two are easily accessible without dancing through multiple control contortions.

Liteflux LF3XT, it takes some work to program it, but then you can configure between 1 and 5 settings, each one a fixed level or a strobe. I.e. if you want "low high, strobe" and nothing else, you can program that or you could program "high, low strobe" or just "high, strobe", the settings can be with or without memory.

artec540

Enlightened
Thank you all very much for your help........ I'll look at all those you have suggested. I have always realized that I might have to do without some of the features I'd like, so I'm not surprised that it looks as if that's the case. Function takes priority over looks etc, so I suspect the LF 3XT might do the job.

Thanks again.