Surefire E2E Rechargeable Lithium Ion

sfire

Newly Enlightened
I have owned a Surefire E2E for approx 3-4 years now. I have the KL1 1watt LED head for it. My question is can I use these new rechargeable cells that are out?

I have read that they have made different revisions of these flashlights and I believe mine is possibly one of the originals. The batteries seem to fit loosely into the body.

Any help would be appreciated. I am currently on my last set of surefire cells and would like a more financially and environmentally sound solution.

(I am sorry if this has already been asked.. I did search before posting)

sfire

Newly Enlightened
I have found a few posts on the batteries that will physically fit inside my flashlight.. I have noticed that most of the information about using the rechargeable batteries is all focused on incandescent bulbs.

I guess I should be more specific about my question. Will 2 - 3.7 volt (7.4 volts total) batteries blow my KL1 head?

I have called surefire and they will give me no information about the voltage range that is acceptable.

Just as a side note.. I'll never buy another surefire light!!!! They could have said "6 volts is the max" and I wouldn't be as mad as I am now. They treated me like crap and acted as if I was trying to steal trade secrets. I support America BUT with customer support like they have I'm buying China flashlights from now on. I am one unhappy surefire customer. That company is more asleep than GM.

Last edited:

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
2 - 3.7 volt (7.4 volts total) batteries will work fine in your KL1 head. I am currently using 2-3.7v 17500's in a 3x123 tube with the KL1 head. I believe the KL1 is good up to 9v (3x123's).

You can use an incandescent Lumens Factory EO-9 E1R bulb(3.7v) with one 3.7v 17670 also. It's like having a rechargeable E2e. The beam and brightness are very similiar. .

sfire

Newly Enlightened
2 - 3.7 volt (7.4 volts total) batteries will work fine in your KL1 head. I am currently using 2-3.7v 17500's in a 3x123 tube with the KL1 head. I believe the KL1 is good up to 9v (3x123's).

You can use an incandescent Lumens Factory EO-9 E1R bulb(3.7v) with one 3.7v 17670 also. It's like having a rechargeable E2e. The beam and brightness are very similiar. .

Thank you very much for the response I really appreciate it. I kinda figured someone here would know something about it. I will order my new batteries today :)