Kaidomain drop in problem

Freddy

Newly Enlightened
Hello all,

Back in November or December I ordered two aspheric lens/Q5 drop in combos from Kaidomain. They were to be Christmas presents for my dad and brother in law. I have a severely handicapped 5 year old, and he had to have surgery resulting in a body cast for 8 weeks. Due to my son's hospitalization, I was not able to install the drop ins for over a month. One was DOA, and the other works fine.

I'm outside of the 30 day warranty, and Jerry is not going to do anything for me other than a 20% discount on a replacement. I have two questions:

1. Can the drop in be removed? It's in there good and I can't see a way to get it out.

2. Is it possible to replace the LED? My brother in law bought a brand new mag and is pretty upset that not only will the light not work, but that he'll have to destroy the mag to get the drop in out. I am not capable of replacing it myself.

When possible, always buy from Malkoff or someone that offers real service and stands behind their products. If Gene had a Q5 or R2, I would have bought his in the first place. I've heard the Seoul is not the best for an aspheric set up so I went to K. No more!!

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
It maybe that the electrical contacts on the dropin is not making contact with the electrical contacts on the Mag

You can grab the pedestal (where the emitter sits) and just unscrew it
then you can try and pull the rest of the heatsink out.
I do not like using this method .... I tried it with a pair of pliers and chewed up the pedestal :(
I prefer to remove the Mag switch and push the dropin out with a wooden rod
but be careful of the positive contact spring on the dropin.

I think you should check that the dropin is making good electrical contact with the Mag before declaring it DOA.

Someone posted a similar thread with the same problem recent ... do a Search :)

Freddy

Newly Enlightened
Thanks! I'll try that. Part of the dome of the LED is a bit discolored, though.