TLS TX1 and TX2 Q5 confusion, help!

Marlinaholic

Newly Enlightened
Ok guys, time for one of you that is smarter than me (that won't be hard to find:laughing:) to answer a pretty simple question I have. According to Beastmaster's review of the single stage TLS TX2 head, it works fine with ONE RCR123 3.7 volt on say an E1L body. My question is, since the newer TX2 two stage head is rated at the same lumens/runtime on high mode as the single stage TX2, will it work similarly well with just one RCR123 cell? I would think so, but if someone had one of these AND a single cell body AND a RCR123 3.7 volt battery, can they tell me for sure? I would really appreciate it.

mhubble

Enlightened
Ok guys, time for one of you that is smarter than me (that won't be hard to find:laughing:) to answer a pretty simple question I have. According to Beastmaster's review of the single stage TLS TX2 head, it works fine with ONE RCR123 3.7 volt on say an E1L body. My question is, since the newer TX2 two stage head is rated at the same lumens/runtime on high mode as the single stage TX2, will it work similarly well with just one RCR123 cell? I would think so, but if someone had one of these AND a single cell body AND a RCR123 3.7 volt battery, can they tell me for sure? I would really appreciate it.

I dont think it will because of the difference in the voltage rating of the two. The tx2 two stage starts at 4.5 volts. Ive got a single stage tx2 and I HAD a TX2 TWO STAGE. Didnt like the two stage because when the batteries hit 4.5 volts it would automattically drop to the low level. Basically its a very inefficient use of battery power. I dont use rechargeables but I think this explanation will help. If you look on the website it lists the voltage range of each of the heads. I really like my single stage tx2, very bright, great runtimes.