• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ASPHERICAL LENS PROTECTIVE BEZELS***2ND RUN SALES***

Nanomiser

Enlightened
ASPHERICAL LENS PROTECTIVE BEZELS***2ND RUN SALES***(CLOSED)

(CLOSED)
Welcome to my 2nd Run Maglite Aspherical Lens Protective Bezel sales thread! :twothumbs
(1st run thread here.)

I am now planning to offer six different models of a protective bezel for aspherical lenses and stock Mag flat lenses. The M.G.A.F.T., F.L.K.D.F.T., M.G.A.C., F.L.K.D.C.S., M.G.A.C.F.S. and the F.L.K.D.C.F.S. bezels have been designed to be used with the CVI Melles Griot P/N LAG-52.0-37.0-C (f.k.a. 01-LAG-123), P/N LAG-52.0-33.0-C (f.k.a. 01-LAG-010), P/N KD4167, SKU:S003958 aspherical lenses and any 52mm stock Maglite flat lens. In order to designate an A.R. coating (anti-reflective) for the Melles Griot lenses include the sufix SLMF-400-700 in the part number.

All six styles bezels are a direct replacement for the bezels on your Maglite C & D cell flashlights. No muss no fuss, just remove the stock Mag bezel and replace it with one of these beauties!

These bezels are CNC fabricated from solid 303 Stainless Steel round stock with a #8 high polished finish. These bezels have been designed to ensure full protection of your aspherical lens allowing the user to stand the Maglite up on its head avoiding damage to the light and lens from accidental roll off a table or bench top. In addition, these bezels will protect the user's eyes from the annoying reflective spill inherent with aspherical lenses. Besides the esthetically pleasing look the highly polished interior walls of these bezels they will also aid in the collimation of any side spill light that would other
wise be lost.

On this production run I have made arrangements to have all six model bezels thrown in T6061 Aluminum as well. The finishes being offered will be Type III Hard Anodized or just bare alum. I'm leaving the color selection open for now in order to see what the member majority wants. It's a possibility that two colors may be offered but that depends on the number of bezels ordered. For now I don't have any pictures of the aluminum version and I am not sure what the pricing will be with the HAIII finish. Please use the current pricing as a reference when ordering; however the bare alum will be cheaper.

LENS PURCHASE HANDLING CHARGE
On the suggestion of a trusted member I have reconsidered offering another group lens buy. However, this added service will have to come at a price. I'm willing to purchase a CVI Melles Griot aspherical lens for any member purchasing a bezel for an additional $5 above the lens retail. Without the purchase of bezel it will cost an addition $20 above the lens retail price. These added charges are to cover my time and energy for handling each lens order.

LENS PURCHASING & SHIPPING
If you are purchasing a bezel please include $10 for S/H + 9.25% CA tax in addition to the lens price. Please apply the 9.25% to the lens price only not the S/H. The 9.25% CA Sales Tax applies to everyone purchasing a lens because I am being charged this sales tax by Melles Griot even though they are located in Arizona. For example if you were to purchase the lens yourself you would still be charged sales tax at the applicable percentage of your home state.

If you are not purchasing a bezel then I need an additional $6 for domestic and $9 for international to cover the shipping cost from me to you. The $6 only covers shipping from Melles Griot to me, but when packaged with a bezel the lens shipping is already covered by the bezel S/H.

**PLEASE NOTE** The use of these bezels on any Maglite older than 20 years cannot be guaranteed so please contact me prior to purchase.

The M.G.A.F.T. Bezel = (Melles Griot Aspherical Flat-Top)
$50 S.S. w/polished exterior
$40 S.S. w/brushed exterior or bare aluminum w/brushed finish
Pricing for anodized finishes are listed below.
303 S.ST. = 0 & T6061 Alum = 0 (STOCK AVAILABLE)

The F.L.K.D.A.F.T. Bezel = (Flat Lens KD Aspherical Flat-Top)
$50 S.S. w/polished exterior
$40 S.S. w/brushed exterior or bare aluminum w/brushed finish

The M.G.A.C. Bezel = (Melles Griot Aspherical Crenellated)
$60 S.S. w/polished exterior
$50 S.S. w/brushed exterior or bare aluminum w/brushed finish

The F.L.K.D.A.C.S. Bezel = (Flat Lens KD Aspherical Crenellated-Slotted)
$60 S.S. w/polished exterior
$50 S.S. w/brushed exterior or bare aluminum w/brushed finish

The M.G.A.C.F.S. Bezel = (Melles Griot Aspherical Crenellated-Finned-Slotted)
$90 S.S. w/polished exterior
$80 S.S. w/brushed exterior or bare aluminum w/brushed finish

The F.L.K.D.A.C.F.S. Bezel = (Flat Lens KD Aspherical Crenellated-Finned-Slotted)
$90 S.S. w/polished exterior
$80 S.S. w/brushed exterior or bare aluminum w/brushed finish

The F.L.K.D.A.C.F.S.F. Bezel = (Flat Lens KD Aspherical Crenellated-Finned-Slotted-Fluted)
A.K.A. the Meat Grinder :eek:oo:

This is a special fluted aluminum version I had my machinist do for me. I thought I would post it just to see what kind of feedback members would have. No firm pricing at this point and I do not have any spares available. Of course if there is enough interest I'm sure something could be worked out. :)

Alternative Finishes
For the above mentioned $10 less the M.G.A.F.T., F.L.K.D.F.T., M.G.A.C., F.L.K.D.C.S., M.G.A.C.F.S. & F.L.K.D.C.F.S. Bezels can also be done with the following finishes.
  • S.S. with external #16 brushed look with internal surface polished or both surfaces brushed.
  • Bare aluminum with both surfaces #16 brushed.
This will decrease the price to $40, $50 & $80 respectively. Here are a few of examples I have done for other member.

Pricing for Anodized Finishes (just add one of the prices to cost of bare alum bezel)
Black HA Type III = $18/ea for a 6-piece lot or $21.50/ea for a 5-piece lot.
Natural HA Type III = $16/ea for a 6-piece lot or $19/ea for a 5-piece lot.
Basic Colors HA Type III = $19.50/ea for a 6-piece lot or $23/ea for a 5-piece lot.

NATURAL HAIII and BLACK HAIII

Black Regular/Type II = $13/ea for a 6-piece lot or $15/ea for a 5-piece lot.
Clear Regular/Type II = $11.50/ea for a 6-piece lot or $14/ea for a 5-piece lot.
Basic Colors Regular/Type II = $13/ea for a 6-piece lot or $15.50/ea for a 5-piece lot.

Lens Hardware Configurations
Illistrated below are the combination of parts needed, in conjunction with my bezels, to convert your Maglite C or D flashlight into a long distance throwing spot light.

O-rings and shim ring are included with the purchase price of each bezel depending on what type of lens you intend to use the bezel with. However, the lenses are not included but can be purchased directly from CVI Melles Griot and kaidomain on the CPFMarket Place using the above links. You will only receive extra o-rings and or shim rings upon request otherwise the default will be one 2-136 o-ring to fit an MG 01-LAG-123 lens per bezel purchase. So please com municate in your post which lens you intend to use and how many.

PAYMENT
All interested members will be placed on the list at which point I will need a 25% deposit in order to lock it in.
Once notified that your order is ready to ship I will need the balance.
Please send PayPal (Cash or Credit Card) to [email protected]

***Please include your CPF ID, order details, type of payment and shipping address in the PayPal comments.*** ***After you have completed your PayPal transaction Please Post your payment/order here on the thread***
Thank you

BEZEL SHIPPING
$7.50 for first bezel, add $3.50 for each additional one for domestic orders.
$12 for first bezel, add $4.50 for each additional one for international orders.
All orders will be shipped via United States Postal Service.
Domestic orders will be delivered using USPS Priority Mail or Parcel Post.
International orders will also be sent by USPS First-Class Air Mail.
Shipping insurance is available at an additional cost.

Thanks for taking a look and please feel free to post your comments and suggestions here.
For one-on-one communication please use my e-mail [email protected] rather than PM. :grin2:

================================================== ===========================

BEZEL ORDER LIST
tanasit (2) M.G.A.C.F.S. + (3) 2-136 O-Rings, S.S. Brushed Extr & Polished Inter, Lens n/s SHIPPED 06/26/09
VidPro (1) M.G.A.F.T., Alum Bare, Lens n/s SHIPPED 06/04/09
full-beam (1) M.G.A.F.T., S.S. Brushed Extr & Pol Inter, Lens KD & MG-123 SHIPPED 07/09/09
Nos (1) M.G.A.C., S.S. Pol Extr & Inter, Lens MG-123 SHIPPED 07/09/09
BVR (1) M.G.A.F.T., S.S. Pol Extr & Inter, Lens KD SHIPPED 04/22/09
Icarus (1) F.L.K.D.A.C.F.S., S.S. Pol Extr & Inter, Lens KD SHIPPED 07/09/09
ehallspqr (1) M.G.A.C.F.S., S.S. Pol Extr & Inter, Lens MG SHIPPED 07/09/09
bigchelis (1) M.G.A.F.T., S.S. Brushed Extr & Pol Inter, Lens MG-123 SHIPPED 06/04/09
peterthomson (1) F.L.K.D.A.C.S., S.S. Brushed Extr & Pol Inter, Lens KD SHIPPED 07/09/09
pom70 (1) M.G.A.C., S.S. Pol Extr & Inter, Lens MG-010 SHIPPED 07/09/09
mendhammarsh (1) M.G.A.F.T., Alum, Black HAIII, Lens n/s SHIPPED 07/09/09
DoublePlusLight (1) M.G.A.F.T., S.S. Brushed Extr & Pol Inter, Lens n/s SHIPPED 07/09/09
InTheWorks (2) M.G.A.C., Alum, Black HAIII, Lens MG-123 SHIPPED 07/02/09
QtrHorse (1) M.G.A.F.T., Alum, Black HAIII, Lens MG-123 SHIPPED 07/10/09
ejot (1) F.L.K.D.A.C.F.S., S.S. Pol Extr & Inter, Lens KD SHIPPED 09/10/09
DavidHLD (1) F.L.K.D.A.C.S., Alum, Black HAIII, Lens n/s SHIPPED 07/10/09
Nico84 (1) F.L.K.D.A.C.S., S.S. Pol Extr & Inter, Lens n/s SHIPPED 07/14/09
Nyctophiliac (1) F.L.K.D.A.F.T., Alum, Bare, Lens n/s SHIPPED 08/10/09
Orb (1) F.L.K.D.A.C.S., S.S. Pol Extr & Inter, Lens n/s SHIPPED 08/19/09
martonic (1) F.L.K.D.A.F.T., S.S. Pol Extr & Inter, Lens n/s SHIPPED 08/26/09
Coldstl (1) M.G.A.C., S.S. Pol Extr & Inter, Lens MG-37.0 SHIPPED 09/14/09
customstockz (1) F.L.K.D.A.C.S., Alum, Pol Extr & Inter, Lens KD SHIPPED 10/19/09
MJT80 (1) M.G.A.C., Alum, Bare, Lens MG-123 SHIPPED 12/11/09
MJT80 (1) M.G.A.C.F.S., S.S. Pol Extr & Inter, Lens MG-123 SHIPPED 12/11/09
stub (1) M.G.A.F.T., S.S. Pol Extr & Inter, Lens n/s SHIPPED 12/15/09
paetzi (1) F.L.K.D.A.C.F.S., Alum, Bare, Lens KD SHIPPED 12/18/09
Nereus (2) M.G.A.C., S.S. Pol Extr & Inter, Lens MG-010 & MG-123 SHIPPED 01/14/10
MJT80 (1) M.G.A.C.F.S., Alum, Bare, Lens MG-123 SHIPPED 01/13/10
stub (2) F.L.K.D.A.F.T., S.S. Pol Extr-Inter & Alum, Bare, Lens n/s SHIPPED 01/25/10
gringo1 (1) F.L.K.D.A.C.S., Alum, Bare, Lens KD SHIPPED 02/20/10
kris23 (1) M.G.A.C.F.S., Alum, Black HAIII, Lens MG-123 SHIPPED 04/19/10
nbjly (2) F.L.K.D.A.C.F.S. & M.G.A.C.F.S., both Alum, Bare, Lenses M.G. & Flat SHIPPED 07/09/10
cesiumsponge
(1) M.G.A.C.F.S., S.S. Pol Extr-Inter , Lens MG-123 SHIPPED 09/18/10
Rando (1) F.L.K.D.A.F.T., Alum w/Natural TypeIII H.A., Lens DX SKU 12834 50mm X 18mm SHIPPED 08/31/11
mikesantor
(1) M.G.A.F.T., S.S. Pol Extr & Inter + Lens LAG-52.0-37.0-C w/SLMF-400-700 A.R. SHIPPED 10/26/11
Eric W.
(1) F.L.K.D.A.C.F.S., S.S. Pol Extr & Inter + Lens KD4167 SKU:S003958 DELIVERED 11/18/11
TXArsonCop (1) F.L.K.D.A.C.S., Alum Brushed + Lens KD4167 SKU:S003958 SHIPPED 04/25/12
Quang Le (1) M.G.A.C.F.S., S.S. Pol Extr-Inter & Lens LAG-52.0-37.0-C W/SLMF-400-700 AR Coating(SHIPPED 06/25/12)

COMPLEMENTARY KD LENS ADAPTIVE 2-225 O-RING REQUEST LIST
full-beam (1) SHIPPED 07/09/09
BVR (1) SHIPPED 04/22/09
Icarus (1) SHIPPED 07/09/09
InTheWorks (1) SHIPPED 07/02/09
ejot (1) SHIPPED 09/10/09
DavidHLD (1) SHIPPED 07/10/09
Nyctophiliac (1) SHIPPED 08/10/09
martonic (1) SHIPPED 08/26/09
Coldstl (1) SHIPPED 09/14/09
customstockz (1) SHIPPED 10/19/09
stub (2) SHIPPED 01/25/09

(QTY 2 Available)
COMPLEMENTARY MG 01-LAG-010 LENS ADAPTIVE 321 S.S. SHIM RING REQUEST LIST
pom70 (1) SHIPPED 07/09/09
bigchelis (1) SHIPPED 06/04/09
Nereus (1) SHIPPED 01/14/10

MG01-LAG-010.jpg
$28 w/o A.R. & $48 w/SLMF-400-700 A.R.
LAG-52.0-33.0-C GROUP LENS BUY INTEREST LIST (Please read the lens purchase info at the begining of thread)
pom70 (1) w/SLMF-400-700 AR Coating SHIPPED 07/09/09
Nereus (1) w/SLMF-400-700 AR Coating SHIPPED 01/14/10

MG01-LAG-123.jpg
$28 w/o A.R. & $48 w/ SLMF-400-700 A.R.
LAG-52.0-37.0-C GROUP LENS BUY INTEREST LIST (Please read the lens purchase info at the begining of thread)
full-beam (1) w/SLMF-400-700 AR Coating SHIPPED 07/09/09
Nos (1) w/SLMF-400-700 AR Coating SHIPPED 07/09/09
InTheWorks (1) w/SLMF-400-700 AR Coating SHIPPED 07/02/09
Coldstl (1) w/SLMF-400-700 AR Coating SHIPPED 09/14/09
MJT80 (2) w/SLMF-400-700 AR Coating SHIPPED 12/11/09
Nereus (1) w/SLMF-400-700 AR Coating SHIPPED 01/14/10
MJT80 (1) w/SLMF-400-700 AR Coating SHIPPED 01/13/10
mikesator (1) w/SLMF-400-700 AR Coating SHIPPED 10/26/11
Quang Le (1) w/SLMF-400-700 AR Coating PAYMENT RECEIVED 06/07/12

Last edited:

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nanomiser , i have a lame request, i love the non strike clean version of your bezel, and the price is right , M.G.A.F.T.Bezel
but i would like to have one in cheap lightweight aluminum. no polish or brush nessisary.

would it be possible to throw an aluminum "shrimp on your barby" and cook me up a lightweight one?

you see my mag has been finned, and i use Li-ion and its cut and , well it hardly weighs anything.
but nobody has a bezel design as clean and straight and un scalloped and all, and with the full lengths, and i dont really need to protect the lens, i just need the HOOD, so i dont have to see the back refelection from the thing.

Last edited:

Nanomiser

Enlightened
That's actually a very good request because as it turns out these bezels are a bit on the weighty side. I just had an M.G.A.C.F.S. on one of my C Mags and man it was very top heavy. The finned model is the worst case scenario, but even the other two still have some bulk.

Besides the weight reason my original plan was to make these out of T6061 aluminum and offer them bare or with a type III HA. Let me see what I can do during this next run to get my machinist to throw a few lite-versions. ;)

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
great thanks for concidering it, as soon as you find out, i can place a deposit for to be in line for one.

Nanomiser

Enlightened
I talked to my machinist and it looks like aluminum bezels will be available! :grin2:

What type of finish are you looking for?

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
I talked to my machinist and it looks like aluminum bezels will be available! :grin2:

What type of finish are you looking for?

no finish :) see that silver mag, which doesnt look silver at all, or shiney , that is what it would go on. i was thinking of spreading GITD in the inside. mabey put a Vynal GITD on the outside. i dont need nothing but the machine work. and mabey a gasket o-ring thing if the one i have wont work. make mine Machine oil raw, with a side of lathe lines :) keep the artistic mirror finishes and stainless perfection for something important, this is just evermodmag, ever time something changes i plop something else in it.

Last edited:

Nanomiser

Enlightened
One aluminum M.G.A.F.T. sushi raw no problem mate ;)

The GITD decore sounds very cool :cool: I'd like to see pics of that when your done.

You will need the o-ring unless you already have a 2-136 laying around. You are going to use a Melles Griot 01-LAG-123 lens with this bezel right?

If not please let me know so I can get you the proper mounting seals and or parts.

Before I forget I need to get you up on the list. :ohgeez:

Thanks for your interest. :thumbsup:

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
i use the original surplus shed aspherial , dont even know its name, it just fits and works, it was the one with the "best" pattern from the surplus shed before they got swooped up.

so how much is it gonna cost me, cause i should pay for it now, cause i might not be readily avilable when you get done.

Nanomiser

Enlightened
If you are using a Surplus Shed aspherical then I can not guaranty that my bezel will be compatible. I don't own any S.S. asphericals so there is no way for me to even do a fit test. If you are interested in purchasing a lens that will fit with my bezels please use the links provided at the top of the thread.

As for the bare aluminum M.G.A.F.T. the price is $40 payable any time that works best for you. :)

Nanomiser

Enlightened
I know I know, I been slammed at work lately and put some time in to Alan's regulator design. I also own my machinist a good amount of design work; got too much going on right now. :shakehead It's a good thing I like to designs stuff. :naughty:

I did however think a little more about how to implement an adjustable spring for the tailcaps. The conclusion I came to is that for a Mag-C I don't think having an adjustable spring really has a lot of value plus it's not a straight forward design. Can anyone come up with some good reasons to have an adjustable spring in a C Mag? :confused:

The Mag-D on the other hand lends itself to being much easier to incorporate an adjustable spring and members are always cramming different battery configurations into a D Mag giving good reason to have adjustability. :eek:oo:

Nanomiser

Enlightened
On the suggestion of a trusted member I have reconsidered offering another group lens buy. However, this added service will have to come with at a price.

I'm willing to purchase a CVI Melles Griot aspherical lens for any member for an additional $5 above retail, per bezel order. Without the purchase of bezel it will cost an addition $20 above the lens retail price.

The first run was a freebie, but based on the amount of time and energy I spent I need to receive some sort of compensation.

Any questions or input? :)

Last edited:

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm willing to purchase a CVI Melles Griot aspherical lens for any member for an additional $5 per bezel order. Without the purchase of bezel it will cost an addition $15 above the lens retail price.

that didnt make enough sence, are you saying that for bezel purchacers , you will sell the aspehric lens for only $5 ?? , because the last of the statement says $15 over retail??
is it a glass lens? does it have any coating?

Nanomiser

Enlightened
In other words a CVI M.G. non-coated aspherical lens will cost $28 + shiping + $5 handling and a coated lens will cost $34 + shipping + $5 handling. The above cost structure only applies to members purchasing bezels.

I am simply adding a $5 handling fee to the purchase & shipping cost of any lens ordered with a bezel and a $20 handling fee to any lens ordered without a bezel.

Please keep in mind that the lens retail price is subject to change at anytime CVI see fit to do so. To receive definitive pricing on lenses please contact CVI using the links provided at the introduction of this thread. :grin2:

Last edited:

Nanomiser

Enlightened
Bezel Availibility Update:

We will start cutting metal on this 2nd run batch tentatively next Saturday 4/25 after which I will need another week to polish, clean and package the bezels. My apologies for this delay, but that's the soonest I could get to them.

I will also be running a small batch of S.S. & aluminum bezels with a standard Maglite face seal o-ring groove that will be completely compatible with both flat lenses and KD aspherical lenses.

Please let me know how many of you are interested in the face seal style bezels so I can run enough to accommodate. :)

full-beam

Newly Enlightened
Hi Nanomiser,

I would like to order a CVI Melles Griot P/N LAG-52.0-37.0-C (f.k.a. 01-LAG-123), (coated lens will cost $34 + shipping + $5 handling) to go with my bezel when you complete it in the next week or so.
Please let me know the total incl the balance for my bezel, I am happy to Paypal the total to you as soon as you confirm.

Best regards

JohnTz

Enlightened
I finally got my light done. Thanks to Icarus for building the incredible host and many thanks to nano for the cool bezel. I don't want to forget to say thanks to fivemega for the tailcap. These bezels are simply spectacular.

Edit...sorry but it seems I am having problems with posting pictures. I will try and figure it out and post them back.

Last edited by a moderator: