Infinity Red from Texas Tactical

StuU

Enlightened
Infinity Red from Texas Tactical

Just got my order from Texas Tactical Supply. They have just recently stocked up on red CMG Infinity for the regular $11.99 price. The red led is *very* bright. A few concentric circles in the beam but not enough to be distracting. Looks like the +contact is gold plated. Of course, it came with lanyard and metal clip. The only surprise is that the casing appears to be painted,like the older Infinity instead of the newer anodized finish. Overall a cool light.

I have owned Infinitys for several years and now have 5 of them. The blue/green led seems to be used more than the others, especially for late-night house prowling. We'll see how the red works for midnight rambling in the house. It seems that the red works well for residential interiors but is not so good for night-walks outside as the red light tends to disappear in outdoor greens & browns. The blue/green works well both inside the house and in the woods. My original white Infinity with it's 41 hour run-time is now relegated to emergency standby kit with taped lithium battery.

Oh, I also ordered an Infinity Ultra for $15.99 and am very impressed with the light output and the nice anodized finish. It's a much more useful light than the original dim white Infinity. It will likely be getting a lot of use. Very very nice.

A word on Texas Tactical Supply. Easy to deal with. Ordering went smoothly over the land-line. Package showed up promptly in perfect shape. This is the second time I have ordered from them and am well satisfied.

paulr

Flashaholic
Re: Infinity Red from Texas Tactical

Nice, though I thought the Infinity was supposed to be dim. Someone gave me a Photon II in red a few days ago and I find it's brighter than I really want for the purpose of minimizing impact on night vision. So I was thinking of getting a red Infinity expecting it to be dimmer. I guess a piece of white paper taped over the end would dim it pretty well though.

Do you really prefer blue/green to white for walking around?

StuU

Enlightened
Re: Infinity Red from Texas Tactical

Blue/green works well for night-time woods walking. The color is a little off but is not a problem. Also, the blue/green really carries, giving more than enough light to move around safely. Works well inside, too.

The red seems to be absorbed by vegetation. If you walk through the grass, it is hard to distinguish anything. However, indoors the red functions nicely.

Latest posts