Malkoff MC-E Warm on Direct Drive w/pix

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my Gene Malkoff MC-E warm on Direct drive. It is way brighter and more spill than anything I have. I just took pictures with a digital camera with no flash. The lights actually are all brighter in person, but at least it gives an idea of what might be.

The MC-E Warm on direct drive pulls 3.5amps (700 to 1000 Lumens)
for the first 5 to 10 minutes and makes the M60 appear blueish. I always thought the M60 was cool, but it takes seing a warm version to see what you been missing. The M30W is even warmer and more incan like.

First the M60 on left and MC-E warm on right. Both Malkoffs have great spill and are very bright.
My backyard was not wide enough to give the MC-E justice. If I go out to the park for a walk I will take beamshoots of wider areas; which is where the MC-E trully shines......

P3120017.jpg
P3120018.jpg

Now the IMR9 D26 on Left and Deerelight R2 warm on right (high mode 1.2amp) The IMR9 was tested with 2 IMR 16340. The R2 from deerelight is very bright,but the spill is clearly defined.
P3120020.jpg
P3120019.jpg

Last edited:

toby_pra

Flashaholic
Finally i can see some comparing beamshots between the MC-E and M60
Malkoff Drop-in! :popcorn:

Many thanks for the shots...:grin2:

This MC-E Drop-in is exactly what i need. :eek:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally i can see some comparing beamshots between the MC-E and M60
Malkoff Drop-in! :popcorn:

Many thanks for the shots...:grin2:

This MC-E Drop-in is exactly what i need. :eek:

I am glad you liked it. If you look at the pictures you can actually see the true color of the fence with the warm LED drop-ins.