What does a Surefire P60 Look like

Niconical

Enlightened
This is just a hunch, it might work, it might not. In fact it's way out there, but you could maybe, just maybe, try the Surefire website or at a push try a google image search for "Surefire P60".

:rolleyes:

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
:poke: :nana::banghead::dedhorse::lolsign:

Why didnt I think of that : :whistle:

But I actually did , and no pictures of P60 , unless its in a weapons mount .
I just want to see a P60 in the flesh , no mods , just a P60 .

So either you can help , or :knight:

Size15's

Flashaholic
One can search Google Images for "SureFire P60"...
The P60 is the Lamp Assembly with the blue label collar with "SureFire P60" written in white on it.
Before SureFire's name change, it had "Laser Products P60".

Niconical

Enlightened
:poke: :nana::banghead::dedhorse::lolsign:

Why didnt I think of that : :whistle:

But I actually did , and no pictures of P60 , unless its in a weapons mount .
I just want to see a P60 in the flesh , no mods , just a P60 .

So either you can help , or :knight:

So the direct link I supplied to a perfect picture of a P60 on the Surefire website didn't help?

If it did, you're welcome.

Kingfisher

Enlightened
This is just a hunch, it might work, it might not. In fact it's way out there, but you could maybe, just maybe, try the Surefire website or at a push try a google image search for "Surefire P60".

:rolleyes:

Why can't some people just be polite around here instead of trying to be a smart arse. Makes me cringe man....:shakehead...eugh!

ghostguy6

Enlightened
Ill make it easy....:whistle:

wolfeyes28rh.jpg

Niconical

Enlightened
Why can't some people just be polite around here instead of trying to be a smart arse. Makes me cringe man....:shakehead...eugh!

Valid question.

Another valid question would be "why can't people do the most basic google search, or even the most basic search on the website of the manufacturer they're interested in before posting a new thread asking someone else to do it for them?".

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Done google , done Yahoo ...

Surefire P60 = drop in module !

My bad , here I was thinking a Surefire P60 is a flashlight , but rather its the drop in module , named P60 ?? because it put out 60 Lumen .:bow::whoopin:

I missed out on at least 10 years of Flashy tech . Im trying to catch up , but soo many gaps .

P60 this n that , was it the first drop in ?

bow

Last edited:

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Done google , done Yahoo ...

All there is is drop ins , tail caps etc ...

Don't worry about it :) The reason you're finding drop ins is because the P60 is a drop in. I'm guessing you've mistaken it for an actual flashlight? It's the incan lamp assembly (drop in) for the Surefire 6P among others.

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't worry about it :) The reason you're finding drop ins is because the P60 is a drop in. I'm guessing you've mistaken it for an actual flashlight? It's the incan lamp assembly (drop in) for the Surefire 6P among others.

Yeah , :mecry:

Im slow , :candle: , but Im trying .

Sorry Guys !

Niconical

Enlightened
If you didn't know that the P60 was just a lamp assembly, and you were googling and expecting to find pictures of the P60 flashlight, then it's no wonder you got no results, and I fully apologize for my sarcasm.

Now that is cleared up, if you click the link in my first reply up at the top, it will show you the P60, and there are other links to each of the Surefire models that use it.

:)

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's an easy mistake to make, especially with all the letters and numbers flying around here. :D

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you didn't know that the P60 was just a lamp assembly, and you were googling and expecting to find pictures of the P60 flashlight, then it's no wonder you got no results, and I fully apologize for my sarcasm.

Now that is cleared up, if you click the link in my first reply up at the top, it will show you the P60, and there are other links to each of the Surefire models that use it.

:)

Thanks , yeah ... :touche: :stupid:

Size15's

Flashaholic
The P60 Lamp Assembly (it's not a "module", at least not in SureFire terminology) is the standard - the benchmark Lamp Assembly.
It is used by more flashlights and illumination tools then any other Lamp Assembly. This is certainly so of SureFire's product range and most likely the most-used incandescent in the 'CR123A'-powered market.

As a result there are plenty of hosts flashlights for the P60 making it very attractive to those wanting to produce aftermarket replacements that can be simply 'dropped in' to the existing flashlight - especially so with aftermarket LED 'drop-ins'.

I don't consider the P60 to be a 'drop-in' as such because it is what the flashlight is designed to have.
The term 'drop-in' refers to everything else that is intended to be a drop-in replacement for the stock P60 Lamp Assembly.

Another perspective is that Lamp Assembly and 'drop-in' refer to components that are removable from the flashlight's bezel (head). Another alternative is a bezel featuring integral non-removable [usually LED] components. The whole bezel removes from the flashlight as a single unit and replacements or aftermarket alternatives replace the whole bezel.

SureFire use the term "Lamp Module" to refer to WeaponLight components that screw into WeaponLight Housing Bodies. These can feature adapter collars or Lamp Module Housing Bodies as well as a bezel and Lamp Assembly.

The terminology can be confusing and the history not always straight forward. This is part of what makes SureFire interesting and fun to get to know (IMHO)

Al

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't consider the P60 to be a 'drop-in' as such because it is what the flashlight is designed to have.

Does the P60 become a 'drop in' if I buy one to replace a Solarforce L2 Lamp assembly? ;)

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
The P60 makes a good incandescent upgrade for some lights that have compatible (but inferior) stock lamps. The Brinkmann Maxfire LX is one of these.

Latest posts