How do I remove driver from spear pill?

The spear pill has no gap around the edge to pry the old driver out. I have a new driver but cant get the old one out.

Any ideas?

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
The spear pill has no gap around the edge to pry the old driver out. I have a new driver but cant get the old one out.

Any ideas?

Use a thin punch (or a nail) to drive it out from the top. Insert the punch into one of the holes for the leads to the LED. Make sure that you are on the edge, and try not to hit any components (unless you don't care).

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmm I saw somewhere around here that you can solder resistor pins on twoopposite sides of the board and pull...

But I have used another method..I have drilled a SMALL hole right between board and pill removing material from both...A

It is safe to assume that 1mm is safe to remove froma boards rim...remove half of that and another half from the pill and you MAT be GTG

Use a thin punch (or a nail) to drive it out from the top. Insert the punch into one of the holes for the leads to the LED. Make sure that you are on the edge, and try not to hit any components (unless you don't care).

Solution!

Thanks

Greg G

Enlightened
I was talking about an original one. I've seen the thread where a DX board was put in.