Mail man stalker!!! Guilty as charged.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find that after I joined this forum I seem to stock the mailman. I look for his truck on my way home. The mailman parks around the block from my house and its on my way home; I swear.:shrug:

Anyhow, I always ask my room-mate if he came? what time? did you see him? The mailman has been good to me bringing me all types of Malkoff and lighthound packages. Even if it is just a set of batteries I look for the mail man.

I think CandlePowerForum is making go postal.:sick2::twothumbs

Am I alone or are some of you also stocking the mailman?????????

Last edited:

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Mail man stocker!!! Guilty as charged.

I'm constantly spying for the mailman or mailchick. They bring toys. I can recognize the sound of that engine idling in front of my house. You are not alone.

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast

I guess you mean stalker:poke: according to Websters I've been there done that :crackup: I even followed one up the street to exchange my orange card for a package
c

Last edited:

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast

Umm,tiny typo in your thread title.. it's "stalker" not "stocker".But back on topic,I feel the same way whenever I'm about to get an order..wherever I've ordered from..I get really excited,constantly checking if the mailman(or FedEx/UPS deliveryman-I'm saying deliveryman generically,as women do work at FedEx/UPS) has arrived. You should've seen me when I had ordered my HP A7217A 24in wide screen CRT off of EBay...I was pacing up and down the block for a hour,watching and waiting before the FedEx Freight truck pulled up to unload my new 93-lb wonder. That was nearly 2 years ago (May 2007) yet I still remember it like it happened yesterday.

wadus

Newly Enlightened

I called the post office 3 days in a row waiting for my Ra Twisty to come in recently. I kept apologizing for calling but said I really needed to "break it in before the weekend" as an excuse to pick it up pre-delivery. Nobody is home when the mail comes and that would mean a whole day more I would have to wait to physically pick it up at the PO myself.

I am such a nice guy, I just wanted to take it off their hands before they had to cart it all the way to my house then back to the office. :whistle: At least that's what I tell myself to justify it. They did stress that they don't mind me calling and everyone that works there is a friend of the family. Small town.

GreySave

Enlightened
LOL. Our UPS driver normally delivers during the time I am home for lunch. I have been known to go searching for him on my way back to work when I know he had "it" on his truck for delivery but was running late. UPS drivers really look at you strangely when you chase down the wrong truck.....

And yes, he was late today and I was looking for him......

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stalking the mailman is definitely necessary, since the USPS tracking is basically a joke. Half the time my package's status is still at "we have the package in our database but have not received it yet" stage even after it has been delivered to my house.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's better than when I get the status "Delivered" and I haven't even received it yet. :thinking:

This week, I had to call USPS three times because of my lights was marked as delivered on Saturday. I don't know what happened but I ended up getting the package on Wednesday.

AKDoug

Newly Enlightened
I work in a shack in a parking lot and have been trying to get an address tacked on to it so I don't have to wait until I get home from work! It is no fun waiting until 5:30 to see if my flashlights/parts came in. I want them now!

foxtrot29

Enlightened

I'm constantly spying for the mailman or mailchick. They bring toys. I can recognize the sound of that engine idling in front of my house. You are not alone.

I laughed when I read this. CPF turns us into dogs essentially -- we recognize the sound of the mailtruck, and run to the door barking!

:laughing:

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I understand completely. When I am expecting something, I watch for the mailwoman like a hawk!!!

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah , our mailman has squeaky brakes on his postal bike , so I can hear him making his rounds , poor guy , there I am waiting for him . :whistle:

This Friday , he only brung a Ultrafire WF-602C .

If only you could get your stuff VIA Email , rather than snail mail .
:wave:

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast

I recognize the sound.. and come right as he's pulling up to our mailbox.
wonder what he thinks of me? :ohgeez:

kz1000s1

Enlightened
I do most of the same things, although I haven't needed to chase them down.....yet. When I was still working I liked to have it delivered there. Then I would stalk the shipping & receiving guy who would go pick up the mail at the post office down the street. The last time I got a package from Lighthound I gave him the free keychain light they always throw in because he makes sure I get things right away.

Muddquez

Newly Enlightened
Not only am I a Mailman I'm my own Mailman. The Clerks at work have my parcels waiting for me when I get to work in the morning.:grin2:

I'll tell you it goes a long way if you just make friends with your carrier. I have customers that are waiting for parcels all the time. Stop me on my route and I've even delivered things before starting my route because I know they wanted it so bad.

You're right about USPS tracking being a joke. That's because it really isn't tracking. It's Delivery Confirmation, that means it's only scanned when it's delivered, no other scanning along the way. Delivery Confirmation travels with the regular first class mail. That does not mean that its not a good service, it does get priority handling.