I don't see much on the LumaPower LumaHunter M1 Tactical LED flashlight w. Q5 LED

Valmet62

Newly Enlightened
Does have anybody have personal experience with this light?

theshorelinemarket_2041_353263857

Valmet62

saabgoblin

Enlightened
Hey Valmet, I've got one and output wise it's a nice light, a little too bright for many small tasks and certainly too big for any kind of pocket EDC but it's a nice daypack, car, holster, and or house light with a nice balance of flood and throw. Personally, I don't like the tail cap because it's a little sharp around the corners and it makes for a wobbly tailstand but I rarely if ever tailstand. At this time, it is my brightest light but my least favorite in so far as aestetics are concerned but if I wanted to blast an uninvited guests eyes out with a warning flash, this would be my first choice until I grab a Malkoff for either my M@g or Surefire 6P. Throw wise I did a side by side with my A2 Aviator and at about 125 feet?, they were about equal but that is certainly not scientific by any means and I believe that I was using the smooth reflector at the time.

I would carry it while backpacking but it is a little heavy/bulky for my overly weight concious backpacking attitude. If you have any other specific questions regarding the light, please feel free to fire away or just PM me.

OceanView

Enlightened
First hit:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/207469
LumaPower LumaHunter MRV SK Q5 Review
The MRV is a different model from the M1. And it's true, there's little talk about the M1, but then again, in terms of "flashlight years" it's been around a while.

A comment by Saabgoblin reminded me that the M1 wasn't designed to be the brightest light, which I remember was a criticism by some users when the M1 series first came out. It was more of a balance between bright output and runtime. I think it was the Huntlight that everyone was comparing the output to when the M1 first came out--and look where Huntlight ended up.

OceanView

Enlightened
Part of the "problem" may be that the M1 has just gone through so many variations. I guess people get tired of doing reviews on the same model. I mean, you can find reviews on the original Lux III M1, then the first M1 XRE, then more Cree versions, then a Rebel version, you've got the tactical model, you had pill upgrades like the SSC flood, etc. It's a lot of different versions to write reviews on.

Another source of info is reading through the incredibly long M1 sales threads over in the Lumapower forum on Marketplace. The M1 had a seriously fanatical following for a long time, so it certainly pleased a lot of CPFers. But like all things, interests changes. I think all of the P60 drop-in mania probably drew a lot of interest away from the M1 towards finding hosts for all these P60 drop-ins coming out. Basically the same sized light and it was something new and people went crazy over the drop-ins.

rolling

Enlightened
The LumaPower M1-T was my first serious flashlight, I got it directly after the rollout.
I like it very much and try to update it once in a while. It has gone from a Cree P4 and standard driver. To a Cree Q5 WC and a GD1000.
Next step would be a R4(when avaible) and a DB750(because i have realised that lumens arent everything).
Makes a very smooth beam with the OP installed.