Flashlight Holster for Lumapower MRV SK

HEDP

Enlightened

I'm looking for an "open top" basketweave leather flashlight holster for my Lumapower MRV SK v1.1.

This is the light:

LumapowerMRVLight.jpg

This is the style holster I'm looking for, but I want it in basketweave if possible:

Safariland306FlashlightHolster.jpg

This is a Safariland holster, but I'm looking for one that works with this light. Safariland makes this holster for Streamlight Stingers, Strions, Surefire Flashlight models 6P & E2L, 9P, and 6R.

Would any of these holsters ALSO fit the Lumapower MRV SK?

corrections operator

Newly Enlightened
You are looking for a holster that would fit a 29mm diameter...stay tuned!

Upon further review, the Safariland will not work!

Maybe contact Stallion Leather with dimensions of the light and see if they have something that would work.

Overall length : 175mm/6.89", Bezel diameter : 45mm,1.77", Battery tube diameter : 25.5mm/.98", Tail switch diameter : 29mm, Reflector Depth: 36mm/1.42".

http://www.stallionleather.com/index.php?cPath=24

Last edited:

HEDP

Enlightened
You are looking for a holster that would fit a 29mm diameter...stay tuned!

Upon further review, the Safariland will not work!

Maybe contact Stallion Leather with dimensions of the light and see if they have something that would work.

Overall length : 175mm/6.89", Bezel diameter : 45mm,1.77", Battery tube diameter : 25.5mm/.98", Tail switch diameter : 29mm, Reflector Depth: 36mm/1.42".

http://www.stallionleather.com/index.php?cPath=24

Ah, thanks buddy.

I've not liked Stallion leather's holders, so I was hoping to find another brand.

corrections operator

Newly Enlightened
Well the key dimensions are tailcap diameter and overall length, as you probably already know. I can suggest several maxpedition nylon holsters that would work. But you are looking for leather, correct? Thus, basketweave requirement.

One potential problem with carrying this light in an open top, especially bezel up, is wear and tear on your uniform shirts. With the bezel being as wide as it is, seems like it would rub a lot.

Your only choice may end up being a custom holster. Know anyone that's good with leather? Or possibly an open top baton holster, but I think they would be to slim or not deep enough for the light. I'll keep my eyes open and if find something I'll either post here or PM you. Good Luck!

HEDP

Enlightened
Well the key dimensions are tailcap diameter and overall length, as you probably already know. I can suggest several maxpedition nylon holsters that would work. But you are looking for leather, correct? Thus, basketweave requirement.

One potential problem with carrying this light in an open top, especially bezel up, is wear and tear on your uniform shirts. With the bezel being as wide as it is, seems like it would rub a lot.

Your only choice may end up being a custom holster. Know anyone that's good with leather? Or possibly an open top baton holster, but I think they would be to slim or not deep enough for the light. I'll keep my eyes open and if find something I'll either post here or PM you. Good Luck!

I found that in my Streamlight Stinger half open top carrier it was far enough away that it wouldn't rub my uniform. That may be different with my vest on, I'm not sure. Probably only when sitting. Good point.

Basketweave is a requirement from my department, although I think I can get away with just leather.

HEDP

Enlightened
/Thread

Thanks for all of your help.

I found a Safariland Basketweave holster for the Stinger that fits the Lumapower MRV SK.

It's a little tight, but that's fine, it will wear in, and I'd rather have it a little tight then loose, so the light doesn't fall out.