DX UV light comparison?

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would say the ultrafire is much more powerful. The Romisen doesn't have a dedicated UV light; the primary light is an XR-E. There are 2 small LEDs built into the reflector. The single LED in the Ultrafire will probably be much brighter than the UV LEDs in the romisen since it is a 1 W UV LED. The ones in the Romisen are probably much less than a watt, even when combined.

cheetokhan

Enlightened
I have the first one, the WF502B, and it is painfully bright- it actually makes me squint when I illuminate nearby objects. There is no way the second one can come close.

randomlugia

Newly Enlightened
I have the first one, the WF502B, and it is painfully bright- it actually makes me squint when I illuminate nearby objects. There is no way the second one can come close.

Even though it's purple? Wow, I may be buying that sooner than I thought. :D

Thanks, I think I'm set.

oregon

Enlightened
Get both functions, if you want white light AND UV light by buying the Ultrafire (it is a P60 style drop-in module host) you list above or one like it plus the UV module drop-in here: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16694

You can use the Ultrafire to host both light engines one at a time. With one you have a strong white light and with the other drop-in you have a strong UV light.

I think you probably need the R2 drop-in module for throw.

I have the Ultrafire 501B with the UV and R2 drop-in modules on order. I like my Ultrafire 501B with its glass lens, textured metal reflector and tail clicky switch.

oregon

wykeite

Newly Enlightened
I use the Ultrafire every day in my job, I also have the Terralux drop in for the Minimag. The Ultrafire seems to be a lower wavelength and flouresces more of what I'm looking for.

It certainly performs as well as or better than many of the more expensive options and if you have a real need for a UV flashlight this is the one.

Lower wavelength lights are going to cost significantly more.

Latest posts