Longest runtime light @ ~10 Lumens?

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just as the thread title states, I'm asking what light has the longest runtime while producing ~10 lumens. Specifically, lights that run on AA batteries. While posting, please try to provide other useful information, such as manufacturer, whether or not it is regulated, etc. Thank you very much in advance.
**EDIT** For clarification: 1 or 2 AA's, just list the manufacturer, etc.

Last edited:

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pro'lly the 2AA Nitecore D20 near it's lower setting.

Marduke

Flashaholic
What is the model number and manufacturer of the flashlight that requires 24 (2 dozen) AA batteries?

Well, you could fairly easily load 24 into a 6D Mag with NiteIze dropin.

Granted, that is a bit on the extreme side of "longest 10lm on AA's", but I was making a point.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pro'lly the 2AA Nitecore D20 near it's lower setting.

The NC D20 PWM based driver isn't as efficient as the constant current driver of the Fenix lights. There is also the problem of not really knowing when you are at 10lm. Guess wrong and you could half your runtime.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
The NC D20 PWM based driver isn't as efficient as the constant current driver of the Fenix lights. There is also the problem of not really knowing when you are at 10lm. Guess wrong and you could half your runtime.

If the fexix go that low... :thinking:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
He did ask for around 10 lumen, so I think that rules out the multimode or settable modes that go way below that. But they do get great runtime and saves night vision.

The LD20 might be a good choice for what you want.

vali

Enlightened
I he wants 10 or near 10 lumens, LD20 might be unbeatable nowadays. If he said 10 lumen trying to say "very low output", then some lights can last longer.