Surefire History

Bruce B

Enlightened
I think it would be cool to see Surefire produce a full color coffee table style book on their comprehensive history including all the models over the years from conception until current? Would anyone else be interested in having something like this if Surefire was to create something like this?

foxtrot29

Enlightened
I think it would be cool to see Surefire produce a full color coffee table style book on their comprehensive history including all the models over the years from conception until current? Would anyone else be interested in having something like this if Surefire was to create something like this?

Yup. :paypal:

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definitely I'd get one for Christmas or my birthday if they had information on the prototypes that never made it out of the labs.

Illum

Flashaholic
Books tend to print that is certain, and what is certain about surefires history has been reprinted over a course of many years, starting with their first catalog all the way up the 2009. Their history has been reprinted annually, no reason to waste additional capital trying out an experimental copy of something that already works.

As for model variations, old products have been discussed to bits, new products availability subject to change without notice, no point printing something that the company considered later in the future non-essential and omitted is there?

Besides, if Surefire does print such a thorough journal of every nic and pic starting from prototypes to production, model to model variances, model add-ons, etc...then it automatically becomes a hude company asset, and what then, shall Size15s do on the forum?:nana:

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
It'll be nice to have a history book on surefire. I like reading these kinds of books. I have a history on Spyderco, Queen Pocketknives, and Case Pocketknives. It doesn't have to go through every single lights that they made. It could be a walkthrough of how the company got started, the difficulties they encountered, the market they were going after, how they designed their first light in comparison to today, etc.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Al would buy three of those. :grin2:

(I'd buy one too).
Perhaps I'd have a hand in writing it? :thinking:
Seriously though; I'd rather SureFire concentrated on the new rather than resource such a book, even though I'm sure it could have fantastic potential given SureFire's archives and photographers like Shelby Chan. Not a quick or easy undertaking at all to produce such a thing.

Al