Thank You CandlePower Forums!

Hyperlight

Newly Enlightened
Ok, so this is still one of my earlier posts, but for only being a member of this forum for a little under a month I have already purchased:

A Malkoff M60 & M60L dropin, a Surefire 9P w/ third party strike bezel, a Fenix TK11, and my latest, an Eagletac T10C2 (which BTW blows all of the above away)

The EagleTac impressed me in both quality, smooth beam, and price. Runtime is pretty good, and lasts over an hour on high mode (295 lumens) Great light for under $100 bucks.

Anyway, I don't know how much money that all that cost me combined, but who cares! I love this place! And I'm probably not done...

Never knew flashlights had such a dedicated social network...excuse me...I meant "Illumination Tools"! :twothumbs

Great Help here!!! And to think I once thought my Surefire 80 lumen G2 was bright, ha ha ha...:devil:

-Dave

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome aboard! Very nice start with what you have purchased already. Glad we could all be of help in your decisions....

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Say goodbye to your wallet. It's gone with the wind, or the light.

callmaster

Enlightened
and you still don't have a fenix, ra clicky, tiablo, raw ti or even a dereelight. Perhaps you should spend some money on those too :shakehead

:poke:

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see the TK11. There we go. Replace that with Wolf-Eyes or something.

Hyperlight

Newly Enlightened
and you still don't have a fenix, ra clicky, tiablo, raw ti or even a dereelight. Perhaps you should spend some money on those too :shakehead

:poke:

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see the TK11. There we go. Replace that with Wolf-Eyes or something.

Thanks for all your welcomes and replies!

Actually, I'm thinking about a Dereelight DBS next. I need a good boat light soon, something with great throw.

Fishing season starts soon since the weather is starting to warm up.

Anyone have other suggestions for a great boat light besides a DBS? Something fairly small w/ decent runtime, brightness, throw, etc?

Or is the DBS a good choice? I just need it to spot objects in the water and things like that, not really baiting the hook with this thing.

Thanks all!

-Dave

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Nice selection!

The DBS is smaller then the 2c mag if I remember correctly.

The Tiablo A10 is a bit bigger but has more throw.

Above that you have the DEFT(long wait list), hotwire lights, and HID lights.

How much throw?

:welcome:

Hyperlight

Newly Enlightened
Nothing too far, maybe about 150 to 200 yards...

Judging by the screenshots here, the DBS looks like a winner for what I'll need it for.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
200 yards, the DBS could work, but could be a bit of a stretch depending on how well you want the target to be lit up and how much ambience lighting you have.

mangust

Newly Enlightened
What are you thanking them for? I am also a newb. If I never bothered reading the CPF, I would have gotten a couple of lights for $20-30 and be happy with them. Now, I am struggling to find a single decent light for $50?

Hyperlight

Newly Enlightened
200 yards, the DBS could work, but could be a bit of a stretch depending on how well you want the target to be lit up and how much ambience lighting you have.

It only has to light up the target just enough for me to see it. Just enough time for me to get to the spotlight that is mounted on the side and really light it up.

DBS should be fine...for the size, weight, and light output.

In response to mangust:

A decent light for $50 bucks...well, ask yourself how long you'll be happy with it, until you're hunting down a light that is $150! :D

For $15 bucks more over $50...consider an Eagletac T10C2

CdBoy

Newly Enlightened
BURN wallet BURN!

burnin in a good way.

you need illumination ICOE (in case of emergency).

welcome aboard!

great to have a convert to the illumination world.

Duglite

Newly Enlightened
Oh, GREAT! You have a BOAT too!

A boat is a hole in the water you throw money into.

A flashlight collection is a hole in the darkness you throw money into.:sigh: