Surefire O-Rings Sizes

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire O-Ring Sizes

OK...I searched 20 times for this and couldn't find a decent answer, so I'm posting this with regards to helping the next guy looking to double O-ring his SF.

I was looking for a second O-ring to place on my C2/6P, to enhance it's waterproofness, and couldn't find a size or anything to go off of on CPF, so, after a trip to lowes, and searching through there plumbing section, I found a definite match. It's a Danco #30 (7/8" Outer Diameter, 3/4" inner diameter, 1/16" thickness. This will also work as a replacement O-ring for the E-Series heads.

I'll head back later this week and look for replacements for the C/P series heads, and post a model number, size, for easy reference in the future. I'll post some pic's soon to show how close they match/fit, etc. hope this helps some-one in the near future!

Last edited:

jcs71

Newly Enlightened
Hey thanks for the info. It is nice to have more than one place to get o-rings for a flashlight. The only other place I know of is Surefire themselves. I always like to have extra o-rings on hand. Keep us posted when you find out about the tail o-ring. I'll be waiting for the pictures as well.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actual size of C head is 0.924" x 0.103" (Inside diameter x Thickness)

Nominal size of C head is 15/16" x 3/32" (Inside diameter x Thickness)

Actual size of C tail is 0.739" x 0.070" (Inside diameter x Thickness)

Nominal size of C tail is 3/4" x 1/16" (Inside diameter x Thickness)

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought extra O-rings for my Surefire lights from Lighthound.com

They're technically not actual Surefire O-rings, but they'll get the job done.

Here's a link:
http://www.lighthound.com/search.asp?keyword=Surefire+o-rings&search=GO
Beware, guys. The C and M series bezel o-rings at Lighthound are nowhere near the right size. I bought a bunch of both awhile back. Those for the C/M tailcaps, and for the E series bezels that I've bought from there in the past are fine. I keep meaning to go in the shop where I work and get some, but it's rare to need a bezel o-ring.

Rat6P

Enlightened
Apparently older surefires (of the P series, not sure if the C's are affected) actually have a different Bezel o-ring size from the newer lights.
So if you have an older surefire 6p like me( though mine still has the hex shape on the head ) I dont think the C o-rings at lighthound will fit.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pic's Up:

Here's my double O-Ringed C2 with a Danco R30 installed just below the threads.

HPIM0373.jpg

HPIM0377.jpg

Pretty Close match as far as I can tell????

Illum

Flashaholic
Beware, guys. The C and M series bezel o-rings at Lighthound are nowhere near the right size. I bought a bunch of both awhile back. Those for the C/M tailcaps, and for the E series bezels that I've bought from there in the past are fine. I keep meaning to go in the shop where I work and get some, but it's rare to need a bezel o-ring.

Liththounds C and M bezel o-rings are not for M3T, M4, M6...truthfully I don't know what light they are for:candle:

Heres a list of Lighthounds O-rings just for reference
GITD
7/16" [link]
1" [link]
1/2" [link]
1/4" [link]
3/16" [link]
3/4" [link]
3/8" [link]
5/8" [link]
7/8" [link]
5/16" [link]

Non-GITD/Surefire
A & L Tailcap [Link]
C & M Tailcap [Link]
C Bezel [Link]
E Bezel [Link]
E Tailcap [Link]
M[2] Bezel [Link]

Non-GITD/Non-Surefire
1/2" [inner diameter] [Link]
minimag AA Bezel [Link]

At 20 cents each its not too bad of a price if you want to buy one of each and get dimensions:D

RocketTomato

Enlightened
OK...I searched 20 times for this and couldn't find a decent answer, so I'm posting this with regards to helping the next guy looking to double O-ring his SF.

I was looking for a second O-ring to place on my C2/6P, to enhance it's waterproofness, and couldn't find a size or anything to go off of on CPF, so, after a trip to lowes, and searching through there plumbing section, I found a definite match. It's a Danco #30 (7/8" Outer Diameter, 3/4" inner diameter, 1/16" thickness. This will also work as a replacement O-ring for the E-Series heads.

That is equivalent to the industry standard dash size -018 o-ring. I also find that the slightly smaller -017 also works well (13/16" Outer Diameter, 11/16" inner diameter, 1/16" thickness).

For the head, a -119 sized o-ring should work well (1-1/8" Outer Diameter, 15/16" inner diameter, 3/32" thickness.)

Last edited:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is equivalent to the industry standard dash size -018 o-ring. I also find that the sloghtly smaller -017 also works well (13/16" Outer Diameter, 11/16" inner diameter, 1/16" thickness).

For the head, a -119 sized o-ring should work well (1-1/8" Outer Diameter, 15/16" inner diameter, 3/32" thickness.)

Thanks for the helpful link and posting the size for the C/P series bezel!

RamTuff

Newly Enlightened
That is equivalent to the industry standard dash size -018 o-ring. I also find that the slightly smaller -017 also works well (13/16" Outer Diameter, 11/16" inner diameter, 1/16" thickness).

Good grief, I thought this was gonna be real simple, I've found plenty of reference about industry standard o-rings... but GEEEZ, the materials they offer!!!!

The OP's tip on the Danco at Lowes is a good obtainable hit, but I've searched Danco information for a nearest o-ring match for the C series head o-ring with no luck. Looks like the standard "119" mentioned by Rocket would be great if I could 1) find a cross ref to know which Danco is needed, 2) find a retailer that sold in small quant like Lowes/Home Dep.

Can anyone chime in here, that when faced with "what material do you want your o-ring made of".... which one is best for our beloved SureFires? They have nitrile, neoprene, elastocomfabulized, vulacnatorplastomastor... ok, I'm facetious with the last two, but that's what they all started looking like.

josiahg52

Newly Enlightened
Good grief, I thought this was gonna be real simple, I've found plenty of reference about industry standard o-rings... but GEEEZ, the materials they offer!!!!

The OP's tip on the Danco at Lowes is a good obtainable hit, but I've searched Danco information for a nearest o-ring match for the C series head o-ring with no luck. Looks like the standard "119" mentioned by Rocket would be great if I could 1) find a cross ref to know which Danco is needed, 2) find a retailer that sold in small quant like Lowes/Home Dep.

Can anyone chime in here, that when faced with "what material do you want your o-ring made of".... which one is best for our beloved SureFires? They have nitrile, neoprene, elastocomfabulized, vulacnatorplastomastor... ok, I'm facetious with the last two, but that's what they all started looking like.

I can't help with a Danco equivalent but a "standard 119" o-ring is a -119 o-ring with a 15/16"ID x 1-1/8"OD x 3/32"CS. The dash sizes (-xxx) are standardized. I ordered some -119 and -022 Buna-N 70D square o-rings from The O-Ring Store to seal the lens on a C2 I have. I'm using a 2.9mm thick lens and Xeno crenelated bezel on it. One (or both) should work in this application. Hope this helps.

ETA: Got the o-rings this afternoon. The AS568-022 square o-ring made of Buna-N worked perfectly. The bezel ring tightened up perfectly and the lens doesn't rattle at all. The AS568-119 square o-ring is quite thick and I didn't try it.

Last edited: