You Order Flashlight Then It Goes on Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I ordered the L2D because it was on sale for 50 at 4sevens.com. With the discount came out to 46 and I thought it was a great deal.

Now the flashlight is on sale for 41 dollars. With the code I could have got it for 37 or so most likely.

Now ain't that a doozie. All I had to do was wait 2 days. :oops:

Ugh.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
If you really want to, you can probably call 4sevens and see what they can do. Not sure if the will be able to drop the price though.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
It gets worse, because whenever Fenix drops the price like that it means something much better is about to be released!
:nana:

Oh, wait that's not worse. Can't wait to see whats coming.

:popcorn:

ackbar

Enlightened
That sucks whenever you are buying something, flashlight or not.

Email 4Seven's customer support. They should refund you the difference.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
They should refund you the difference.
Really? Why "should" they do that?
How many more dealers and specials do we need to lose around here from people(consider that a gentle euphemism) expecting them to make good on current prices for past orders?

wadus

Newly Enlightened
I don't mean to derail the thread, but it is kind of on the same topic. On 4sevens, the P1D CE Natural Finish is marked down from $70, so it says, to $37.96. It also has the P1D Black Premium Q5 marked down, but this one is marked down from only $61.50 to $52.95.

Is this listing incorrect? :thinking: I would assume an upgraded P1D would normally retail for more than its counterpart.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
even more discount from them?

must..resist!

someone help!

-its common in every day shopping that you buy a chokolate bar for 1.50 today and next day they promote a sale of 1.40 each or option of buying three for 4$.

might annoy, yes. but thats just life.

hmm need to go buy chokolate now! hhahh

-oh maybe that CE model was 70us when it 1st came out to sell.. the list price? and the q5 had list price when it originally came for sale the lower dollar amount?

Last edited:

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
How many more dealers and specials do we need to lose around here from people(consider that a gentle euphemism) expecting them to make good on current prices for past orders?

Thats just retail. All stores have usually a 30 day price match policy. Would I do it for $6 probably not.

Mac

wadus

Newly Enlightened
Apple gave large refunds, $200, to customers who ordered the iPhone at $400, as long as they ordered it within 10 days. To those who had not ordered their iPhone within the last 10 days were issued a $100 Apple store credit.

It is not uncommon for companies to refund the difference in sale prices within such a short amount of time. It is just good business to keep customers happy and have them return for more purchases. The flashlight enthusiast community is relatively small, so alienating even one potential future customer is a larger loss of revenue than refunding $9 on one item's sale price. I can't see 4sevens not giving a refund for these reasons, especially considering their stellar reputation on these forums.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I don't mean to derail the thread, but it is kind of on the same topic. On 4sevens, the P1D CE Natural Finish is marked down from $70, so it says, to $37.96. It also has the P1D Black Premium Q5 marked down, but this one is marked down from only $61.50 to $52.95.

Is this listing incorrect? :thinking: I would assume an upgraded P1D would normally retail for more than its counterpart.

The P1D-CE is not the "Premium" version. It doesn't have the more efficient Q5 bin of the Cree XR-E LED. Fenix has also discontinued Natural anodizing from what I remember. Both of those probably contribute to the larger discount.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats just retail. All stores have usually a 30 day price match policy.
Not all stores, and certainly not if it's a closeout(L2D has been discontinued).
This kind of thing has snowballed here before. Along with the complaining about other combination specials(people actually raised hell over specials on combined items, and wanted them substantially discounted individually), we lost Countycomm as a contributor here, and the CPF specials that they used to have. Lost them strictly due to individual greed, and incessant whining.
I'd hate to see something similar happen again. Things like that are a stain on what is overall a very good internet forum.

deKatt

Newly Enlightened
I bought an L2D from 4Sevens last month, and I was happy with the deal I got. I saw the new sale price - my reaction was "Hmm... could I justify buying a second one?"

Yes, sometimes you miss a slightly better deal by a day or two. Such is life. :shrug:

Emailed 4sevens and asked them for the discounted price. The way I look at it, the worse they can say is no. I'm not really that upset if they don't honor it but would be nice if they gave me the cheaper price.

Either way I think I'll be okay. As the guy said on here, such is life. If they do discount me though I think I'll be a customer for life because of the "wow" factor.

ackbar

Enlightened

Customer service. It is cheaper to give you that refund and keep you happy. Especially since it was purchased so recently.

Edit: perhaps using the word "should" was a poor choice but given my past history dealing with David and his crew, I'd say it is MORE THAN LIKELY. How about that Owen?

Last edited:

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
You do the math and I will paypal you the difference :)

If I find you lied about the difference I will show up at your house for a cash correction.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
The price of any item moves in steps while the marketplace (supply/demand) price moves on a constant curve. This is because it takes time to react and make adjustments.

If you were willing to pay the higher price, then you must think the light was worth that price. If you want some money back, then ethically, it would be because think you made the wrong decision. :thinking:

Almost every retail store will give you your money back for the difference within 30 days, or refund the difference if you find a competitive ad in the same time frame. This is because they know people will go buy the new item, then take it back to them on the old receipt. All the consumer is out by doing this is gasoline and time, usually the money back is worth it. However, when postage is involved, the seller is not likely to find it worth the trouble. Plus there is increased risk in shipping and the waiting time.

Consumer is king, and you'll probably get your money back if pressed. In your shoes, I might send an email and at least ask. But I wouldn't bring it to the CPF community, because you might get backlash. Like somebody indicated, flashlight retailers are working on a slim budget and may give up their business of supplying flashlights to the community if they find their love for flashlights is responded to by the hateful side of consumerism.

carrot

Flashaholic
If you were willing to pay the higher price, then you must think the light was worth that price. If you want some money back, then ethically, it would be because think you made the wrong decision. :thinking:

+1

Who cares if it went on sale after you bought it? You thought it was worth it before, is it still worth the same price now after the sale?

Flashlight sellers like 4sevens and BrightGuy and Lighthound aren't working on huge margins here, they are all in a very cutthroat business with other retailers. If you'd heard some of the stories about the nasty things customers do that cost these guys big bucks... well as for me I'd let them keep the difference. Luck of the draw.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me, 4sevens has been good to deal with over the years and a $9.00 difference wouldn't be enough for me to worry about. Prices change and maybe if you are lucky one day you will go to order a light you want and find the price has come down.

Status
Not open for further replies.