• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Please Enlighten Me

pobox1475

Enlightened
I carry a NiteCore NEX daily and am happy with the output, run time and efficiency. I just discovered that they now offer it with a Cree premium R2 emitter. What advantages does this new configuration offer?

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wrong forum. You may want to ask that at the LED Lights section.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The more efficient emitter means you get more output with the same runtime as the previous model (or more runtime at the same light level), but the difference is very tiny, not enough that you could see by the eye. If you've absolutely got to have the latest and greatest, the the R2 is currently as good as it gets. But if you're more pragmatic, any previous version will give you the same results at a lower cost.

Youfoundnemo

Enlightened
If your going for more output (and can stand a big hole in the center of the beam) then the Cree MC-E is for you, its the same size but has 4 emmiters and would give you quite a jump in brightness thats noticable to the eye

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the MC-E is available in warm white which looks really nice

Last edited: