Im an idiot, who makes the Mclux? Comments on it?

jtice

Flashaholic
I cant seem to find out who makes the Mclux.

Who makes it, and where can I order it if I wanted.

How does it compair to the Arc AAA and Arc LS?

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm afraid you can't order one. It was a limited run flashlight produced by a bunch of creative CPF'ers.

Check the McLux page for info if you want but be forewarned since it is exceedingly difficult to actually get one now, you may prefer not to know to much about this light. I speak as one of the unlucky non-owners. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Well anywho, on to the The McLux has landed! which leads us to The McLux.

Pat

paulr

Flashaholic
Re: Im an idiot, who makes the Mclux? Comments on

It's a custom made light put together by some CPF'ers. Sort of a cross between an Arc LS and a small Surefire. They were not made commercially and aren't available new any more, but they sometimes show up on B/S/T. I think there's someone who wants to sell one now, and is deciding whether to put it on BST or Ebay. They are very beautiful lights.

jtice

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

Darn. Looks like a nice light though. Seems well built. OHHH well.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
put a post on the b/s/t forum saying you wtb a McLux, it't what I did and got lucky. Mcgizmo was nice enough to sell me one of his, it's a gorgeous light.

Darell

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
jtice said:
How does it compair to the Arc AAA and Arc LS?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll leave the LS-McLux comparison to other less subjective members, but the AAA? Yikes. The better comparison is certainly with the LS.

Yes, the answer is that right now, NOBODY makes the McLux. The DIY parts are coming though, so you still have a chance to build your own if you want.

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know to be honest the first time I read your thread title, I incorrectly saw it as "I am an idiot who makes the McLux" which really has a different meaning.

I was thinking, "Man, one of those SkunkLights' guys is really down on himself".

Oops,
Pat

Yeah, yeah, I know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif