looking for a buget twist (on/off) tail

UKBob

Newly Enlightened
hi

been dragging through the search engine... but didnt find what i was looking for... anyway being over on the otherside of the pond its time to get some sleep:tired:

anyway i'm looking for a buget ($50) LED flash light, on function to be a twist tail operation (dont want click switches or several modes)... and bright as possible...

any suggestions would be gratefully welcome.

regards
bob

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fenix P1D comes to mind, though it's a 5 mode. It always comes on first at 95 lumens, so you could treat it as a single mode 95 lumen light. The second mode (2 quick twists) is 180 lumen 'turbo mode'. It's easy enough to ignore the other modes. Not exactly what you're asking for, but it's a well made, reputable, very bright little twisty for about $50.

PetaBread

Enlightened
hi

been dragging through the search engine... but didnt find what i was looking for... anyway being over on the otherside of the pond its time to get some sleep:tired:

anyway i'm looking for a buget ($50) LED flash light, on function to be a twist tail operation (dont want click switches or several modes)... and bright as possible...

any suggestions would be gratefully welcome.

regards
bob

Lol. I guess fenix will be the best candidate.

https://www.4sevens.com/index.php?cPath=22

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
ProductId=1039 over at KD ..

Cree P4 ? Twister . 1xCR123A

I have a small twister , and im going to do a Cree Q5 5 mode mod to it . :twothumbs

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't think of much other than what others have already posted.

The Amilite Cuty can be had for around $75, I haven't seen it cheaper anywhere. Never tried one, but Amilite has a good reputation, I believe.

The Fenis LD01 is very bright for a AAA and a 3 level twisty, no strobe or SOS and is tiny. It's about $40.

The Lumapower LM33 has a clicky, but it will lock out if you loosen the head, and can be used as a twisty, in either Hi or Lo mode. About $25 @ batteryjunction.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
budget twisty.

to offer something else than others before:
first option:
litemania from market place: sgt burkett. 18650 light. 30$ +ship. one mode, bright!

shiningbeam: x2t?
got one myself as backup edc for tk11
-works only with 2*cr123s, 2 modes twist tight for low- twist off and twist back for high, also with momentary button in the end. has memorymode so if you shut it down on high..it will come on high. price about 32$ to europe (minus cpf discount)

I also am keen to know other twisty lights available :)

and, petabread: suggesting a 160 dollar light for someone with budget of 50?
:sigh: seriously :thumbsdow

Marduke

Flashaholic
You can pick up a 6P (twist momentary tailcap) for about $40 + shipping in the MP, and you can get a LED dropin for <$10 from DX.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
Litemania sells a twisty 18650 light. The Sgt. Burkett.

Depending on what you want in it. You can get a Seoul emitter with a plastic reflector for around $40, or a K2 with a metal OP reflector for around $45, I think the absolute brightest one is $55.

jag-engr

Enlightened
Fenix P1 Q2 would seem to fit the bill.

Here's a link to a review.

I personally have one of the older Lux III P1's and still find myself carrying it from time-to-time. They are wonderfully simple and compact lights.

Edit to add some manufacturer's specs:
Fenix P1(Cree Edition), the ingenious mini flashlight with brilliant brightness, can be easily
and conveniently slipped in your pocket or attached to your keychain. With the
characteristic inbuilt current regulation circuit and stable high brightness, Fenix P1 is able
to meet all your lighting needs whether you're a Police officer, Outdoor enthusiast or a
person who appreciates a quality light.

Features:
Utilizes a Cree 7090 XR-E LED with a life of 50,000 hours
Constant brightness: 90 Lumens
Current regulation circuit
Uses one CR123A battery
(not included)
2.5-hour Runtime (1:45 hours to 50% brightness)
Input voltage: 1.5V~4V
6.7cm (L) x 2cm (D)
Made of aerospace grade aluminum
Hard anodized finish, highly durable
27.2-gram weight (excluding batteries)
Water-resistant (dunkable)
Toughened ultra clear glass lens with AR coating
Reliable twist switch
Capable of standing up securely on a flat surface to serve as a candle
Colour: Black / Natural

Note: To make the flashlight light up, you just need to screw the bezel slightly to contact
the battery. It is normal to see a 1 mm or so gap between the head and the body of the
flashlight. Please don't screw it emphatically, otherwise the battery will be damaged.

Package Includes:
Fenix P1 Flashlight (Black or Natural)
Holster
Spare O-Ring
Lobster Claw Clasp key ring

Last edited:

UKBob

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the suggestions.... so far the Sgt burkett is probably a good contender but the fenix lights will also be considered. :thumbsup:

regards
bob

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix P1 Q2 would seem to fit the bill.

Here's a link to a review.

I personally have one of the older Lux III P1's and still find myself carrying it from time-to-time. They are wonderfully simple and compact lights.

Edit to add some manufacturer's specs:

Do you know anyone who still sells this light? I think it was discontinued some time ago.