Lexan lens in SRTH & Standard SF's removeable??

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Lexan lens in SRTH & Standard SF\'s removeable??

Doug Speck is going to HA/Natural My SRTH and two standard SF bezels, but can only do it if the lexan lenses are removeable/replaceable.

Anyone know if they are? Al?

Brightnorm

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Lexan lens in SRTH & Standard SF\'s removeable??

Although I can't recommend this, they should pop out. I've replaced the lenses on my Stinger and Ultra by putting a wooden dowel through the bulb opening and popping the lense out. Streamlight makes a tool for this. The SRTH lens looks like it's the same type of set up, and should pop out. To put it back, start at the edges, and push it back into the groove in the head.

The standard lenses are a pain in the rear to remove/replace. I've replaced a few by drilling a hole in the center of the old lens and prying it out. Surefire used to send instructions with the replacement lenses that said to use a hand vise, and a couple of nickels to force the new lens into the bezel. It works, but those lenses are thick and stubborn.

--dan

Size15's

Flashaholic

It is very difficult to pop out a Lexan lens of a SureFire without marking it in some way. So I'd suggest getting hold of a replacement lens before removing the old one and performing the mod.
I am worried alittle with how you are going to protect the reflector. I don't believe the SRTH/KT/12PM TurboHeads have reflectors you can remove. I admit I have never taken one apart though unlike the Millennium TurboHead.

Al

K-T

*Moderator*

[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
(...)I am worried alittle with how you are going to protect the reflector. I don't believe the SRTH/KT/12PM TurboHeads have reflectors you can remove. (...)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was wondering, too. How do you get the reflector out of the bezel?

Klaus.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yep, the removes lenses will probably be damaged. The SRTH reflector isn't removable, so I guess, be cautious...

--dan