Lost My Nightcore Extreme.....

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
:mecry: clip must have give way or something.(Had it on belt) I loved that light, I was at a busy shopping outlet and,, heck I don't know if it was in a store or out in the lot, went and checked nothing. I waited and worked hard to get that light, and I will replace it.

Do you think it is worth getting the R2 version? both are outta stock right now and will call 4-7's tomorrow to see when more are expected. Mine had such a great tint, just bright white.

You know the only thing on my light that made me worry was the the clip..... VG

PetaBread

Enlightened
Well, now you know their clips aint reliable. :thumbsup:

Should you buy a new one? IMO, no, but since you liked that light so much you should get the R2 verison (i guess).

radu1976

Enlightened
You'd better get a cheap ROMISEN RC-N3 Q5 from shiningbeam , it will have almost the same brightness, fwd clickie too...unless you need HA and different brightness settings

PetaBread

Enlightened
You'd better get a cheap ROMISEN RC-N3 Q5 from shiningbeam , it will have almost the same brightness, fwd clickie too...unless you need HA and different brightness settings

Key word :"cheap"

Guess what "Cheap" means....

It means it's not worth getting. :whistle:

h2oflyer

Enlightened
Replace it with the R2. IMO the BEST light Nitecore has made.

First thing I did when I got my Extreme was to remove the clip and throw it away.Did the same to my TK10.

Walter

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, but no nice light clip is reliable on the belt. Use a small holster, or tether it with a quick release of some kind.

radu1976

Enlightened
Key word :"cheap"

Guess what "Cheap" means....

It means it's not worth getting. :whistle:

Guess what cheap means : I have used it for many times last year...dropped down and never had any pb with it :poke:
Cheap doesn't assume automatically bad quality...
Honda is cheaper than a MERCEDES and it's MORE reliable !
Sold 2 expensive lights : NI EXTREME lol + JET I PRO R2 for 140$ both to get a 26$ RC-N3 Q5 which is doing the the same job....throwing better than the JET I PRO R2 and having longer runtime on RCRs than NI EXTREME :poke::poke::poke:
Oh well....what a pity I don't have the wondersul strobe :mecry:
Sorry...I forgot : some people can't be happy unless they spent 50-100$+ for a light...

Besides that, if it's getting lost ...no big deal ! It's 3 times less expensive than an EXTREME :)

Last edited:

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, but no nice light clip is reliable on the belt. Use a small holster, or tether it with a quick release of some kind.

That's the torment of it!! it's secured 85% of the time,usually that's what i do.(neck/belt lanyard+/holster on BB)

I will go with the R2 and the EXtreme will be the light,, period. i dropped it a bunch and still works, couldn't be happier with the beam/throw pattern etc.

Ok what is a emitter neutral model?

Oh, and guys please lets not have a "cheap Vs not-cheap lights" on my pity thread :sigh: VG