New Arc CR123 or HDS/Ra?

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the ARC reputation and quality. I also am a big admirer of HDS/Ra. (IMHO they are a step past Novatac in quality and innovation).
I see the ARC CR123 is $250; the 170 lumen, special, limited edition Ra light is $170 (correction...$225++). What would be the reason to choose the ARC over the Ra?:confused:

Last edited:

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened
I don't own an ARC 6, so take it for its worth. I have found the Ra lights to be extremely well made and the UI (firmware) allows almost unlimited configurations. Obviously there are other things to consider. I have no idea how important size is to you or if you even need a light built like a tank. I can say that Henry is great to work with and returns every correspondence quickly. I had a strange issue with my first Clicky and we decided to wait awhile to do anything with it. Eventually, he asked me to send it back. My point is that even with an intermittent flaw, I carried my Clicky every day. The light is just that sweet.

Dan FO

Enlightened
I like the ARC reputation and quality. I also am a big admirer of HDS/Ra. (IMHO they are a step past Novatac in quality and innovation).
I see the ARC CR123 is $250; the 170 lumen, special, limited edition Ra light is $170. What would be the reason to choose the ARC over the Ra?:confused:

Size :whistle:

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: New Arc 6 CR123 or HDS/Ra?

WOW!:twothumbs
Thanks for the helpful replies. Sounds like size (and piston drive?) are positive attibutes of the ARC 6.

:grin2: I am starting to consider this a pleasant question to ponder...
Arc 6 or Ra 170 Exec-EDC??

KIRWILLE

Newly Enlightened
I have both the ra and the arc6. The ra has alot of fancy modes that are pretty cool. The locator flash, auto shut off, button lock. It's also built well with the thick lens and heavy walls. That being said I personally think the arc6 is a much better light for me. It has three modes you can set as you like. A very bright high that is impressive, very well built with the smoothest threds I've ever felt on a light, saphire lens, a piston drive with a stiff spring to prevent unwanted turn ons in your pocket, titanium bezel and clip ( If you use this clip for pocket carry it won't come out unless you want it to ). I can't say enough about this light, I love mine. Since I bought it I've stopped looking for the perfect edc, It's the arc6.

carrot

Flashaholic
Piston drive is a key selling point for me. Ra has a great reputation too though, so it's hard to make a wrong choice.

scottaw

Enlightened
Oh some on...what should have been post #2...buy em both!

But honestly, i'm doing a Ra passaround right now, and i've been between both, we'll see if either can get the novatac out of my pocket.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both the ra and the arc6. The ra has alot of fancy modes that are pretty cool. The locator flash, auto shut off, button lock. It's also built well with the thick lens and heavy walls. That being said I personally think the arc6 is a much better light for me. It has three modes you can set as you like. A very bright high that is impressive, very well built with the smoothest threds I've ever felt on a light, saphire lens, a piston drive with a stiff spring to prevent unwanted turn ons in your pocket, titanium bezel and clip ( If you use this clip for pocket carry it won't come out unless you want it to ). I can't say enough about this light, I love mine. Since I bought it I've stopped looking for the perfect edc, It's the arc6.

WOW! thanks for the info.:twothumbs I am really glad I started this thread.
I had recently 'stumbled upon' the Arc 6 while visiting the Arc website for the first time in a few months. After my family heirloom Lummi Wee Ag, I thought I would not spend $200+ for a light, at least for a while.

I like my HDS XR42GT. The Ra / HDS reputation is legendary here, so I had been planning on the $99 EDC Ra clicky 100 lumen at some point.

I am really intrigued by the Arc 6! "piston drive" is one more new experience for me.

Last edited:

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
I purchased the Ra Clicky, but not the Arc6. I would have to say, my Ra doesn't get much carry time just because it's too bulky and long for my daily attire. The Ra Clicky's bombproofness is what makes it so big. You could probably run a tank over it and it'll survive. Buying either light would be a good choice. Buying both lights is a flashaholic's only choice. :nana:

XD9

Enlightened
I will go for the Ra you wont be disappointed! :)

Last edited:

Latest posts