NordicLite 2AA red/white, green/white...

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
...is anybody familiar with this light? I was cruising thru a couple of aviator supply websites, and this light seemed to keep popping up. Made from aluminum, tail switch, spot to flood, internal filter to change to either red or green light (...seperate models for each color). Prices varied from $19.99 to $24.99. Got my curiosity up 'cause it looked sort of interesting. Anybody out there that can tell me anything about it? Thanx in advance...
link: www.avshop.com/catalog/product.html?productid=4030&categoryid=10

PJD

...there is nothing in the world more frustrating than a lousy beam...

Saaby

Flashaholic
There used to be a local company that made flashlights under the "Nordic" name, they have gone out of buisness. I don't think they ever made anything like that but I could be wrong, so it's probably a different company. THat's all I know.

Glow Bug

Enlightened
Wonder how a LS would work in it? I bet it has some sort of magnifier in it and the head slides in and out. It looks simuliar to a light I used to own.

Ratso

Enlightened
They sell it at Ranger Joe's called the Code 4 jr. Flashlight. $21.99

Never lose your red filter again! Simply press button to turn on. Pull in the flashlight head for night vision red. Push out and you're back to white light. Built-in flashing light option. Made of 6-1/4" durable aircraft aluminum. Uses 2 "AA" batteries (included). BLACK. Wt. 0.3 lb.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Click Here

Saaby

Flashaholic
Oh my! That is a Nordic, or it looks a whole lot like one lets just say. The button with the 2 rubber roll stopper things and the clip look identical anyway...I have some pics of one of my Nordics somewhere...here they are...

http://www.catera.8m.com/nordic.html

Ratso

Enlightened
My friend has a (OEM?) Nordic look alike just like your black one but silver. It looked and performed so much like the MiniMag (but slightly better beam) I thought it was just a MiniMag but with upgraded switch, head, and tail sections, and it had a pocket clip. Where can you get these (normal white only version)?

Saaby

Flashaholic
You can't. The company went out of buisness unfortunatly. The black lights that Radio Shack was closing out for $1, also Nordics. Great lights, around well before Mag, but they're gone now. Collectors pieces.

Oh yeah! I have a silver one too
wink.gif

Velcro

Enlightened
Originally posted by Saaby:
Oh my! That is a Nordic, or it looks a whole lot like one lets just say
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Actually, it is a Nordic. See the little inscription near the silver ring?

Saaby, what is the silver thing on the tailcap in your pictures?

Greetings,
Velcro

Albany Tom

Enlightened
I had one of these, in white/red, and hated it!

The beam, to me, was worse than the mag, the focus was so loose it moved on its own, the switch was tough to press far enough in to click all the way on, the red/white push/pull was so stiff you couldn't work it with one hand...

I'm sure there are other things about it I didn't like, but can't remember. Oh yeah, the anodize of the body was a slightly different color than the rest of the light, as if it wasn't done all the way.

Maybe I had one of the last ones, and production had gone down hill or something.

Saaby

Flashaholic

Magnet. Hand little things to stick to the bottom of small torches without a tailswitch.

I had one of these, in white/red, and hated it!

The white/red model appears to have an entirely different head/reflector setup, so I can't talk about it other than to say I liked mine (until I got a LED light) and plan to drop an Opalec in one of them. I know somewhere between the beginning of production and the end of production they changed the switch assembly, so...

I liked mine (apple) but that doesn't mean you have to like yours (orange)
smile.gif

Velcro

Enlightened
Originally posted by Saaby:

Magnet. Hand little things to stick to the bottom of small torches without a tailswitch.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So that was the magnet...
rolleyes.gif

Greetings,
Velcro

Latest posts