NiteCore Extreme R2 (photos)

sardian

Newly Enlightened
So I went to a local dealer today to pick up a SureFire E2DL (Which I did get). When getting it out of the case I saw the NiteCore Extreme R2. Well I just had to play with it. Yep, I had to have it.

This isn't a review, I'm not qualified. Just mainly some photos.

I can't believe how bright it is for such a small light. I used it all day at work and loved it.

Here are some photos of mine.

Pretty neat box, made of thick cardboard. You can see where I took the price sticker off on the top.
NiteCoreExtremeR2-4.jpg

Inside the box it's looks all lonesome.
NiteCoreExtremeR2-5.jpg

All the extra stuff is under the foam.
NiteCoreExtremeR2-6.jpg

It comes with the warranty card, manual, and spare parts bag.
NiteCoreExtremeR2-7.jpg

Fits in my hand nicely and they have R2 written on in next to E3.
NiteCoreExtremeR2-8.jpg

A nice clip but I don't think I would use in on my belt, inside pocket only for me.
NiteCoreExtremeR2-12.jpg

Spare parts.
NiteCoreExtremeR2-14.jpg

Reflector and emitter.
NiteCoreExtremeR2-13.jpg

Beam shot. A little odd shaped.
NiteCoreExtremeR2-10.jpg

Here it is on the left next to the P3D Q5. The Extreme has much more throw than the P3D Q5 to me.
NiteCoreExtremeR2-11.jpg

And lined up next to some of my other lights.
NiteCoreExtremeR2-15.jpg

Abyssos

Newly Enlightened
Geee. You have quite a few lights. Are you sure that you needed another? :nana:

Very nice photos indeed. Been thinking about getting the Nitecore Extreme R2 as well. Can't seem to decide between the Extreme or the Liteflux LF3XT. :thinking:

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the photos!

Wow, the color is a lot blacker than my NEX Q5. Mine has a brownish, almost greenish tint to the body.

sardian

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the photos!

Wow, the color is a lot blacker than my NEX Q5. Mine has a brownish, almost greenish tint to the body.

In hand it looks black, if I shine a bright light on it is dark brown when looked at next to my other black lights. But again, looking at it under normal room light it looks black...just not as black as the others (whatever I mean by that...now I have confused myself :confused: )

:D

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just noticed also that the clicky is newer clicky and it looks a lot like Fenix clicky with smaller spring board on the bottom. I have the older yellow plastic version. Already replaced one clicky so far, but have two left :naughty:

sohl

Newly Enlightened
change the body to a SF E1B and the tailswitch to a E2DL and you get a even nicer flashlight. :thumbsup:

RGB_LED

Enlightened
Sweet! Great pics sarrian! I've been waiting for the R2 version of this light. Have you tried Surefire lego with this light? I'm looking at taking my E1e body and attaching the NEX R2 head... Now, just need to decide if I will use the stock E1e tailcap...

sardian

Newly Enlightened
I didn't know there was any parts that could be lego'd to it. I have the E2DL (just got it) but can't see how that would make the Extreme R2 any better. I pretty much like the light how it is.

Any link to info on this, I may not do it but I would like to read up on it.

I also got the D10 and EX10 (Both R2) lights today. Fun little lights, the PD is a little hard to get used to. These lights would be hard to hand to someone and them be able to turn it on and off. But I think I do like them :D

Closet_Flashaholic

Enlightened
Thanks for the pics,

This light is on my "A" list, when they become available.

I wish Nightcore would skip the expensive box and offer a holster instead for the same price. I never use a box once I have the light. I would use a holster every day - much more useful to me.

RGB_LED

Enlightened
I didn't know there was any parts that could be lego'd to it. I have the E2DL (just got it) but can't see how that would make the Extreme R2 any better. I pretty much like the light how it is.

I also got the D10 and EX10 (Both R2) lights today. Fun little lights, the PD is a little hard to get used to. These lights would be hard to hand to someone and them be able to turn it on and off. But I think I do like them :D
Hey Sardian, check out the CPF MP thread here or light-reviews article... Quote from 4sevens:
>These programmable, multistage lights are SF E-series compatible!
>(single cell only. The e2e body is using a single protected 17670 4.2v Li-ion)

I want to try the NEX head on my E1 body + 1xRCR123 AND E2 body + 1x17670, the reason being that both lights are single-mode only with the KL1 head and I can't stand the square beam pattern :thumbsdow. If you do so as well, must remember that you can only use up to 4.2v... DO NOT try to use 2x123 or the LED will go:poof:...!!!

Last edited:

Kato

Enlightened

Here are a couple of mine.

The top one is an NEX head on an E1e-BK body with an E1b clip and a Z61 clicky.

The second one is an NEX head on a 17670-compatible E2e-BK body with a Z61 clicky.

(...along with a single-mode E2DL and a Milkyspit-modified KL4 Boxter)

SFE-seriescopy.jpg

sardian

Newly Enlightened
The 2nd one looks interesting. I can get a 17670 in my (just got E2DL) but it's hard to get out, I have to take something and poke it from the bottom. When doing so I'm afraid I'll damage the protection circuit.

Great pics tho, and it does open up other options.

Here are a couple of mine.

The top one is an NEX head on an E1e-BK body with an E1b clip and a Z61 clicky.

The second one is an NEX head on a 17670-compatible E2e-BK body with a Z61 clicky.

(...along with a single-mode E2DL and a Milkyspit-modified KL4 Boxter)

SFE-seriescopy.jpg

shortstack

Enlightened
So I went to a local dealer today to pick up a SureFire E2DL (Which I did get). When getting it out of the case I saw the NiteCore Extreme R2. Well I just had to play with it. Yep, I had to have it.

This isn't a review, I'm not qualified. Just mainly some photos.

I can't believe how bright it is for such a small light. I used it all day at work and loved it.

Here are some photos of mine.

Pretty neat box, made of thick cardboard. You can see where I took the price sticker off on the top.
NiteCoreExtremeR2-4.jpg

Inside the box it's looks all lonesome.
NiteCoreExtremeR2-5.jpg

All the extra stuff is under the foam.
NiteCoreExtremeR2-6.jpg

It comes with the warranty card, manual, and spare parts bag.
NiteCoreExtremeR2-7.jpg

Fits in my hand nicely and they have R2 written on in next to E3.
NiteCoreExtremeR2-8.jpg

A nice clip but I don't think I would use in on my belt, inside pocket only for me.
NiteCoreExtremeR2-12.jpg

Spare parts.
NiteCoreExtremeR2-14.jpg

Reflector and emitter.
NiteCoreExtremeR2-13.jpg

Beam shot. A little odd shaped.
NiteCoreExtremeR2-10.jpg

Here it is on the left next to the P3D Q5. The Extreme has much more throw than the P3D Q5 to me.
NiteCoreExtremeR2-11.jpg

And lined up next to some of my other lights.
NiteCoreExtremeR2-15.jpg

could you maybe re-post the pictures? thanks

Latest posts