Piritlight SG-L8 - Spear clone

DAKIK

Newly Enlightened
Im really interesrted in getting this light from DX\
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.18765

Has anyone bought it and tested it out.. id like to know wat u think?
also if u could post some pics and beam shots that wuld be great.
i found some reviews on the KD spear clone.. just wondering if there the same clone or slightly different?

thanks

656nm

Newly Enlightened
In their beamshot the spot looks huge compared to the Spear.

On another note, I doubt that this thread will last long. It likely belongs on the marketplace, given you have included a DX link.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm pretty sure they made an mc-e version of this piritlight too

FLT MEDIC

Newly Enlightened
Im really interesrted in getting this light from DX\
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.18765

Has anyone bought it and tested it out.. id like to know wat u think?
also if u could post some pics and beam shots that wuld be great.
i found some reviews on the KD spear clone.. just wondering if there the same clone or slightly different?

thanks

It has a reverse clicky switch, High>Low>Off and can be powered by one 18650 battery, 2xCR123A or 2xRCR123A (3.0 or 3.7v works ok).

No pics and beamshots, sorry. I can distinguish objects consistently at 100m away with street lights and around 150m to 200m in pitch dark locations depending on object size and color.

Its Cree Q5's smooth reflector hotspot is brighter than my Ultrafire WF-502B Cree R2's P60-sized head with OP reflector and is at least double the range of the WF-502B with street lights and about 3 times the range in pitch dark locations.

The head is glued so I can't access the driver board but the lens and reflector can be taken out if it needs cleaning.

The finish is good, haven't had a single scratch yet the past 2 months of daily carry and use so I wonder why they complain about the SG-L8's finish compared to the RQ in the thread you mentioned above. The SG-L8's finish looks like my Streamlight Stinger XT which is hard anodized.

I bought the SG-L8 because it can be powered by readily available CR123A primaries if needed. The RQ has a different reflector and different driver from the Spear but like the Spear, it can only be powered by a single 18650 battery. Using CR123As or RCR123As will fry your RQ or Spear.

That said, I haven't seen or compared my SG-L8 with an RQ or a real Raidfire Spear yet.

dannyleroy

Newly Enlightened
Hey I have this light as well, as for the glued head, all I did was apply a lot of force to remove the head, just grab the thing and start twisting really hard, once the glue breaks than the head comes right off. As for the performance of the light, im very disopointed, does not except any of my rechargable cr123 batteries, I have TRUSTFIRE CR123 rechargables and they just do not work. My light has a dead hole spot right in the center of the hotspot. sux. this light needs an R2 badly.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey I have this light as well, as for the glued head, all I did was apply a lot of force to remove the head, just grab the thing and start twisting really hard, once the glue breaks than the head comes right off. As for the performance of the light, im very disopointed, does not except any of my rechargable cr123 batteries, I have TRUSTFIRE CR123 rechargables and they just do not work. My light has a dead hole spot right in the center of the hotspot. sux. this light needs an R2 badly.

I suppose a belated :welcome: is in order. Glad to see your no longer lurking.:D