• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Novatac/HDS U60M SSC P7 D2Flex Mod

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
For sale one of a kind Novatac/HDS U60M mod with a SSC P7 & D2Flex direct drive controller as seen here. The U60Ms were the lights made for the Military/Marines. It's basically a Novatac that does not have the flat sides nor does it have the holes for attaching a clip like on the HDS EDCs.

P7 bin is DSWOI. Reflector is a modifed & sputtered McR-20 to clean up the donut hole. Has UCL & glow oring installed. D2Flex is fully potted in the module. D2Flex manual can be found here. Tail is darker than the head. Light is new & was never used even before the mod. Bezel has some slight missing black coating along the back edge of the bezel (received like this).

On high it draws 2.6A+ on an AW IMR16340 & 3.0A+ on an AW 17670. The HDS 2x123 tube fits & works with the light fine (do not use 2x123) along with the tailcap. Recommend for use with AW IMR16340 or AW 17670 with a 2x123 HDS tube. Not safe to run high continuously on the higher levels with other "cheap" cells. Please refrain from long periods of use on the high levels because of heat.

SOLD $325 shipped US insured standard mail. Standard worldwide shipping included but international insurance is not. For insurance it must go registered or priority which is extra. PP CC fees not included. I can not be responsible for uninsured lost packages.

Img_8919.jpg

Img_8958.jpg

Img_8922.jpg

Pics of the internals in the link above.

Thanks.

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Novatac/HDS U60M SSC P7 D2Flex Mod

Now that is awesome Will. I bet that was interesting figuring out how to run that D2flex.

Very Nice

Dave

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Novatac/HDS U60M SSC P7 D2Flex Mod

Awesome Will..!

The D2Flex ramps up and down...?

As allways, clean work...!
The Novatac clip should work with this right?

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,

Awesome Will..!

The D2Flex ramps up and down...?

As allways, clean work...!
The Novatac clip should work with this right?

The D2Flex is completely different from the D2DIM which has been discontinued. D2Flex does not ramp up & down. It has a maximum of 8 brighteness settings depending on which mode you are using. It is still in it's default setting, I have not set anything. It also has a configurable thermal protection setting which sounds perfect for this light. Details can be found in the manual linked in the first post.

I don't have one but the Novatac clip should work.

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast

You know you want it Axel...:twothumbs

Oh, like that was the problem.......

;)

The D2Flex is completely different from the D2DIM which has been discontinued. D2Flex does not ramp up & down. It has a maximum of 8 brighteness settings depending on which mode you are using. It is still in it's default setting, I have not set anything. It also has a configurable thermal protection setting which sounds perfect for this light. Details can be found in the manual linked in the first post.

thanks!

Saved the PDF...:)

mbassoc2003

Newly Enlightened

How much light does it put out.
Lumens would be best. I don't get the flux thing. :confused:

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,

How much light does it put out.
Lumens would be best. I don't get the flux thing. :confused:

I don't have a way or measuring lumens but I'm guessing it would be around 300-400 lumens with a IMR16340 or a 17670? Output will drop as the battery depletes.

Last edited:

mbassoc2003

Newly Enlightened

I don't have a way or measuring lumens but It should be putting out around 600 lumens with a IMR16340 or more with a 17670. Output will drop as the battery depletes.
Oooh! Sounds tempting.
You'll need to excuse me. I think I posted the same question on a very similar thread.
A lot brighter than my 170 clicky then.

Nothing quite like three evenly spaced dim settings and a huge momentary when you need it.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,

Oooh! Sounds tempting.
You'll need to excuse me. I think I posted the same question on a very similar thread.
A lot brighter than my 170 clicky then.

Nothing quite like three evenly spaced dim settings and a huge momentary when you need it.

No problem. I'm sure I can safely say that this is the brightest Novatac/HDS to date!

Last edited:

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*

Hello Darkzero :wave:

Long time not talking with you....:welcome:

Your mod is very very tempting....I don't know how many hours I could resist :D

Hmmm...maybe I would prefer the black one ;)....too bad I haven't an IMR16340 ;)

Is the black will be for sale ? :)

Last edited:

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,

Hello Darkzero :wave:

Long time not talking with you....:welcome:

Your mod is very very tempting....I don't know how many hours I could resist :D

Hmmm...maybe I would prefer the black one ;)....too bad I haven't an IMR16340 ;)

Is the black will be for sale ? :)

:laughing: Hello Frenchy. Yes it has been a long time. Hope all is well? :wave:

Sorry, the black one does not belong to me. It has shipped to Europe today back to it's owner.

It will run on a 16340 li-ion or primary, I don't recommend it though for use on high with these cells though.

Cheers

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*

Last questions before decision ;)

I understand that the run time is short..but how many minutes ?
I assume that this light is a pure flood one...any beamshot at max ? ;)

Those questions are only to resist before clicking sur Hi Will ;)

Last edited:

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,

Last questions before decision ;)

I understand that the run time is short..but how many minutes ?
I assume that this light is a pure flood one...any beamshot at max ? ;)

Those questions are only to resist before clicking sur Hi Will ;)

I haven't took a beam shot but I'll do so tonight. The beam is not pure flood like a mule would be. It's similar to the beam of a SF L4 with a larger hotspot. Beam will look very similar to the one here only much brighter. The light in that beam shot was a P7 with the same type of reflector but only driven with the stock HDS B42 driver.

I have not done a runtime test but on high I would say 15 minutes? I wouldn't run it continuosly for that long to see though because of heat. For general use it more practical to use it on lower levels & of course this will increase runtime.

Here's something that I've never done before. For you I will include one of my only two IMR16340s free with the light. I'll ship the light to you for you to evaluate it. If you like it you may pay for it then. If it is not satisfactory for your needs all I ask is return it in the same condition as received & no questions asked.

Cheers

:wave:

kz1000s1

Enlightened

Actually, the D2Flex in the default portable mode does ramp up if you turn it on with a press instead of a click. It will ramp up until released at a level, or until you get to high. When you get to high if you press again before the memory kicks in, it will then ramp down. Five levels in this mode, eight in fixed mode. This is assuming that the switching works the same with the Novatac as it does on my P7 Maglite with the momentary switch mod.

Nice work on this mod, as always! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I'd love to have a pocket rocket like this. My stock Novatac is getting so boring.