Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy St. Patrick's Day to you too, Craig!

-Craig

by the way, did you check out the raffle? you won!

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy St Paddy's day to all!
buttrock.gif

Hoggy

Newly Enlightened
Wow - I didn't even know today was St. Patrick's day!
I'm a bad Irishman, I guess. In my defense, I'm only about 1/6th Irish, so I guess I can be excused. :whistle:

Glad I didn't get that case of beer for nothin' now! At least I have some alcohol to go with my flashahol!
:drunk:

Last edited:

ypsifly

Enlightened
Happy St. Pat's to all!

At work we had corned beef and cabbage with boiled potatoes preceded by soda bread and Cahill's porter cheese. I'm drinking a wee bit of Black Bush (Bushmills aged in sherry casks) and Beamish stout. No Guinness for me. That stuff lost its authenticity when they started brewing it in Canada...no offense to my friends to the north...its just not the same anymore.

I don't get into the whole wearing goofy green hats and outfits thing. That's fine if it works for you, but I like to reflect on my ancestry by reading the geneaology chart that my dad researched back to County Armagh and taking pride in the place the Irish have made for themselves in America. The History Channel has a very good show about it that I try to catch every year. Check it out if you can.

Have fun tonight and be careful out there....and if I may make a toast:

"May you be poor in misfortune, rich in blessings, slow to make enemies and quick to make friends. And may you know nothing but happiness from this day forward." :buddies:

Hoggy

Newly Enlightened
The History Channel has a very good show about it that I try to catch every year. Check it out if you can.

Which show is that, specifically? I don't get into the whole green hats thing myself, but I'd like to hear of how to record this show you talk about.

Have fun tonight and be careful out there....and if I may make a toast:

"May you be poor in misfortune, rich in blessings, slow to make enemies and quick to make friends. And may you know nothing but happiness from this day forward." :buddies:

Here here! Excellent Toast! (I'll have one to that!)
:buddies:

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow - I didn't even know today was St. Patrick's day!
I'm a bad Irishman, I guess. In my defense, I'm only about 1/6th Irish, so I guess I can be excused. :whistle:
:shakehead Forgot huh? You deserve a good :whoopin: LOL! :D

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
We had a nice corned beef & cabbage boiled dinner, but forgot the green beer. So I went around and put a drop of (Waterman's) green ink in all the toilets. :twothumbs

KD5XB

Enlightened
Sad, sad. Saint Patrick's Day has become an incredible sad day for me.

I grew up knowing the family came from Ireland. If it was Irish, I tried it and loved it. Everything from Guinness to Harp to Petersen pipes to Bushmills to corned beef and everything else. Murphy's stout, too.

I studied Irish history. I learned what Cromwell did, and how the UK came about. I learned about the potato famines and how England affected them.

I learned that Patrick wasn't Irish and his name wasn't Patrick. About how he was kidnapped, escaped, and then came back as a monk.

I learned that 26+6=1.

Then, when I was in my mid-40's, my first cousin was studying the family tree. One day he told me,"I bet you think we're Irish".

I replied,"We all KNOW we came from Ireland."

Then he told me -- our ancestors were only in Ireland hiding from the king, we're really ENGLISH.

Oh how sad I am this day, of all days.

And now I no loinger wear green on Saint Patrick's Day, I wear orange -- for the Earl of Orange. I STILL remember the history...:mecry::mecry::mecry::mecry::mecry:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I worked our local parade yesterday as usual and I'm still a little sore and tired, but it's a good tired. It was a family friendly event - beautiful sunshine, neat floats, lots of smiles, and I didn't see a lot of drunken hooligans running around, which is always a plus.
:)

Hoggy

Newly Enlightened
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002V7NQ6/?tag=cpf0b6-20

I'm thinking you might be able to find a bit torrent for MUCH cheaper.

Ehhh.. You said that this such show should be available on the History Channel. If it's still going to be on the History Channel(and they usually repeat during the month), am I still looking for the title that's in that Amazon posting or something else?

I want to watch this, man.. Whatever your talking about. I'm only 1/6th Irish, but I'd like to find out more about 'the brotherhood' that I feel with the Irish. And where it comes from?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts