do you really need all the lights you have

Barrie

Enlightened
i picked up a mag 2d last weekend while doing the shopping in asda/wall mart simply because it was on sale for £12 around half the price they normally sell for across here in the uk and i thought i might have a go at modding it
my good lady asked WHAY you do not have any real use for lights so why keep buying them.
she is right they are all toys to me i work night shift and carry 3 lights with me fenix lod around my neck -ld10 no my belt -and a zebra-light h30 in my bag and never had to use any of them in the two years i have been doing this job.
my workmates all ask why i carry lights as every where we go is fully lit do any of you guys carry lights and never really need them or do you have a real use for them even at home i dont really have a use for lights one or two for emergency and in the car
but finding it difficult to justify the money I'm spending on lights i really dont need

gsxrac

Enlightened
Yep! I use em all the time. I do alot of camping so thats a huge portion of my light usage. I also use them working on cars. Walking around my garage, walking to the bathroom at night, walking to my vehicle when I get off work at night, getting to and from my hunting stand early in the morning and in the evening, night fishing... what dont I use a flashlight for?

gsxrac

Enlightened
If you feel you dont need your lights anymore and would like to send them to a happy home where they will be loved and taken care of and used daily I will PM you my address ;)

StarHalo

Flashaholic
"If there's a 50% chance of rain, you'll take an umbrella, but there's a 100% chance that it will be dark tonight.."

There's nothing wrong with enjoying flashlights just for what they are. One of my flashlights has seven red/green/blue LEDs that all cycle through colors simultaneously and asynchronously; turning it on in a dark room is like finding yourself in the middle of a Doors video. I never have found a practical use for it, but it sure is fun :D

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
do you really need all the lights you have.... yes.

If not physically, then psychologically, emotionally, spiritually and flashaholistically.

I was caught in a situation where I BADLY needed a light which eventually led me to CPF. I will not be caught without one no more.....no more.... :cool:

toadman

Newly Enlightened
I just sold off around 26 lights becuz my wife bitched about the clutter in the spare bedroom. Guess what, I'm looking to get at least 27 more.
Hey, I don't golf, gamble, or have a mistress. She should be gratefull.

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I don't really NEED all the lights I own, but I do need a few of them. I work nights at my local airport and NEED a decent flashlight to see what I am doing. Of course I find many other uses for my others, but I will admit I buy most of them for the joy of ownership!

Barrie

Enlightened
[oddjob said] How many shoes and purses does your wife really need?
that was my next line of-defence:naughty:

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do I need them all? No.
Do I want them all? Yes.
Do I need all these?

P3140059M.jpg

Probably not.

Thankfully most of them were inexpensive.

All but 7 have batteries in them.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spending money on flashlights is WAY more practical than many other things.
Today I turned on my TV, which was on one of the shopping network channels (not sure why...). They were selling a handbag for only 3 "value payments" of $390! Why spend a thousand dollars on a bag? Something under 20 dollars would be functionally the same. Spending money on flashlights is much more practical, since they actually have uses.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's need vs want. I need only about 3 of them, but I want more than I need. :D It makes life a little more interesting. I could rotate them every so often. This is similar to many other things people buy, we really don't need an ipod, large screen tv, video games, nice clothes, etc. But that doesn't stop us from buying. There are people who have 100s of knives and they only need one or two.

At least you're using your money for lights that could come in handy vs wasting money on drugs, gambling, and other vices. :devil:

Latest posts