• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 2x18650 Parallel Battery Adapters 2D Maglite

allburger

Enlightened
:CLOSED:2x18650 Parallel Battery Adapters 2D Maglite

CLOSED

What we have here is a new creation from Allburger. This will convert your 2D Maglite into a 2x18650 wired in Parallel. This will provide 4.2v from 2 18650 batteries wired in parallel, thus giving you double capacity of roughly 4400mah to 5000mah. This is an excellent choice for direct drive applications utilizing SSC, and Cree leds. I have used this setup to direct drive an SSC P7 in a 2D maglite. This provided maximum output, with a runtime of close to 2 hours at 2.8A. This setup can run SSC P4's and Cree XR-E's for over 4 hours.

The advantage to this is:
-Short Length Flashlight

-Longer Runtimes
-Direct Drive LED's

-No Need for driver boards
-Uses Cheap Rechargeable Batteries

-Low Operating Costs

Sanding the inside of the tailcap is required for operation, as this will be the negative contact point.

Cost is $15 each
Shipping is $3 per order in United States and Canada Only

1. OceanView Shipped
2. supasizefries Shipped
3. dhshark Shipped
4. 737mech Shipped

Example of a prototype parallel adapter I have done.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/218145

idhh6d.jpg

2qvqxrl.jpg

2qa4lfq.jpg

2rfzz42.jpg

orup9j.jpg

311we8k.jpg

34xf6ki.jpg

10wtvfs.jpg

If you are interested, Please PM me for PayPal Info.

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
Re: 2x18650 Parallel Battery Adapter 2D Maglite

hmmm....
I like it:D

I don't have an 18650 charger nor do I have a free 2D maglite so no holder for me, cheers:wave:

OceanView

Enlightened
Re: FS: 2x18650 Parallel Battery Adapter 2D Maglite

Interesting concept, a parallel 2D adapter. I was looking at that other thread you linked to and I had a question. That photo with the tailcap showing--is it the screw on your adapter that is gouging what looks like a little dimple in the tailcap? Kind of hard to see how deep it is. If so, I'm just wondering what that kind of pressure/friction is doing to that screw after repeated battery changes? So, there's no room for a short tail spring? Thanks.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

OceanView, looks like that the inside of the tailcap has had the anodize removed for electrical contact, and that is what you are seeing. Also, it looks like the spacer between the two 18650 is a magnet? A shorter magnet, or other material spacer, could minimize pressure, if there is too much pressure.

Bill

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

Alburger, can your cells be charged without removing them, charging them in the pack? I am talking about using a hobby LiIon charger.

Bill

OceanView

Enlightened

Thanks, Bill. Actually, I totally missed the tailcap photo in this thread. And in that photo, it just looks like scratches in the center of the tailcap rather than a gouge like in the other thread, so doesn't look like too much pressure.

Y'know, I'm game to try one. PM inbound.

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast

Alburger, can your cells be charged without removing them, charging them in the pack? I am talking about using a hobby LiIon charger.
Since they're parallel, you could charge them in anything that can charge a single 4-5 Ah cell.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

Since they're parallel, you could charge them in anything that can charge a single 4-5 Ah cell.

Yes, my Triton can do that. Might be some balancing issues, maybe not.

Bill

allburger

Enlightened

Those aren't gouges from the adapter on the tailcap. I actually used the bottle opener from a swiss army knife to scrape away some anodizing and haven't gotten around to actually sanding it yet. There is some pressure associated with this, but I don't believe that the pressure is too high actually. From my experience, the first time is the most difficult, not that its hard, but after the first time or two, the tailcap threads on very easily and works flawlessly.

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Re: FS: 1st Run 2x18650 Parallel Battery Adapters 2D Maglite

Hang in there. I am going to order one as soon as I add some $ to my paypal account. I think that this is a good idea, not the same as one C LiIon but certainly more available and cheaper to run. I will try with my Malkoff Triple.

Bill

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great idea allburger,you don't ship to Canada? I don't need one now-but I would take one in case I need one later!:twothumbs

allburger

Enlightened

I will look into shipping costs for canada, I am unfamiliar with international shipments

allburger

Enlightened

PM's Replied

Shipping to Canada has been added.

Any other questions, please post on here, or PM me.