Need a good led for EDC specified needs-

dmatic

Newly Enlightened
i just bought a g2 led and love it, very simple construction, just the lamp assembly tailcap, body and bezel, i dont think it will ever fail me.

now i want something smaller

MUST
- use 1 battery only
- be made in usa
- lifetime warranty
- be made of quality aluminum
- have HA 3 finish
- have very long run time, but bright enough to illuminate a room, this is first and foremost of features.
- have a tail cap ( preferably momentary on

- have a lanyard hole
- must be submersible
- very white beam
- no artifacts
- its runtime should be just as bright the whole way like when i just put in new batteriesv

I know this is a lot to ask for in a light but its my perfect edc

Marlinaholic

Newly Enlightened
How about the E1L? It is pretty darn bright and runs for like 6 times longer than the E1B. Some like the looks of the E1L more than the E1B too. I think both are fine lights though. You can't go too wrong with the Surefires.

Newly Enlightened
The first thing that came to mind was the Surefire E1L.

It does everything you want, with the exception of the 'no beam artifacts' qualification. Surefires with the TIR optic have pretty ugly beams.

That said, the E1L is my favorite EDC at the moment. It's one hell of a light.

Toaster

Enlightened
Surefire E1B w/Z68 tailcap fullfills all your requirements :thumbsup:

dmatic

Newly Enlightened
yeah but i dont think those lights are submersible, i mean like dive light waterproofness and its gotta have the lanyard attachment

wadus

Newly Enlightened
I think the Ra Clicky meets all your requirements, someone correct me if I'm wrong, please. It is waterproof to 66ft (a bit deeper is probably not a problem, but don't push it too far past that point) and I think it and the Ra Twisty have more than proven themselves to the community as bombproof lights.

Head over to the website to check it out... and you can even build your own light now! Good luck! :thumbsup:

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah but i dont think those lights are submersible, i mean like dive light waterproofness and its gotta have the lanyard attachment

How deep do you need it to submerse for edc? All of Surefire lights are submersible to a reasonable extent.

What is your price range by the way?

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
i want to be able to swim with this light on me

How deep do you want to go? Most lights in the price range should be able to handle swimming and shouldn't have problem going down 20-50 feet.

Bruce B

Enlightened
i just bought a g2 led and love it, very simple construction, just the lamp assembly tailcap, body and bezel, i dont think it will ever fail me.

now i want something smaller

MUST
- use 1 battery only
- be made in usa
- lifetime warranty
- be made of quality aluminum
- have HA 3 finish
- have very long run time, but bright enough to illuminate a room, this is first and foremost of features.
- have a tail cap ( preferably momentary on

- have a lanyard hole
- must be submersible
- very white beam
- no artifacts
- its runtime should be just as bright the whole way like when i just put in new batteriesv

I know this is a lot to ask for in a light but its my perfect edc

How about the soon to be released SF Titan T1A? Meets 100% of your needs. Well except for price range.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The first light to come to my mind is the RA brand of lights. Then Novatac, then Surefire E1B, then L1.

What price range?

dmatic

Newly Enlightened
the whole point of this light is going to be runtime, i want as much runtime as i can possibly get, runtime over brightness

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Many, if not all, of the lights have at least one lower output that will get you linger runtime.

The G2L has around 3 hours regulated, and the rest is till 1 lumen output. (if my memory is right, 1 lumen is minimal for "usable light" in accordance to Surefire, which is what the G2L is rated till)