A little help....

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
After viewing a link in a thread on CPF, I have found that I'm suddenly interested in this type of music. Specifically, even more like this. I'm not sure what this type of music is called, but I really like it. Even Highroller by Crystal Method is great.

Any help with other artists/songs that play this style of music would be greatly appreciated....:popcorn:

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you like Massive Attack you'll like a lot of their older albums. My favorite songs from them are Teardrop, Protection, Heat Miser, etc...:twothumbs

Other groups I can recommend are Portishead (their new album sucks so far, though), DJ Shadow (again, new album sucks), Yuzo Koshiro, Enigma, that's all I can think of now.:eek: Oh, and the soundtrack from the Silent Hill games. Not all of the tracks are creepy/scary, and they're nice to listen to.

I'll put some more up once I can remember them, I'm exhausted from work+school.

Last edited:

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you like Massive Attack you'll like a lot of their older albums. My favorite songs from them are Teardrop, Protection, Heat Miser, etc...:twothumbs

Other groups I can recommend are Portishead (their new album sucks so far, though), DJ Shadow (again, new album sucks), Yuzo Koshiro, Enigma, that's all I can think of now.:eek: Oh, and the soundtrack from the Silent Hill games. Not all of the tracks are creepy/scary, and they're nice to listen to.

It seems to me that these are the ones that I like...the slow, methodical beat that eventually builds up and just kinda chuggs along.

I do like that song Heat Miser, but don't like the uptempo stuff that they do.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Massive Attack is hit-or-miss for me, they have some excellent singles (as noted above) but I can only listen to that pace of music for so long.. Do download some of the aforementioned tracks, they're classic.

The second clip you posted is from the Fight Club soundtrack, which was done entirely by the Dust Brothers. For the record, *the entire soundtrack is that good*, I own very few movie soundtracks, and that is one I snapped up immediately and still listen to often; highly recommended.

Both of these would fall under the vague category "electronica".