I bought a 6D maglight. I don't know why...

sylathnie

Enlightened
It was hanging on the rack at Bass Pro and I had to have it. After spending a lot more on other lights $25 for a 6D mag seemed like a great deal.

Now I'm trying to figure out what do do with it. I was considering stacking up some D-Cells in it and leaving it as is. Kinda as a comparison piece so I can show others that even the monster 6D maglight is weak compared to a P3D or the like.

Beat somebody over the head with it?

I couldn't imagine having such a huge light. Lol. But to each his own. :poke:

A couple of C size's is the biggest I'd go personally.

foxtrot29

Enlightened
It was hanging on the rack at Bass Pro and I had to have it. After spending a lot more on other lights $25 for a 6D mag seemed like a great deal.

Now I'm trying to figure out what do do with it. I was considering stacking up some D-Cells in it and leaving it as is. Kinda as a comparison piece so I can show others that even the monster 6D maglight is weak compared to a P3D or the like.

I'm not a modder myself -- my modding consists of sticking in a drop in bulb, or using IMR batteries, etc.. lol

But I think you have a lot of options with that sucker! Besides, it's a classic beating stick!

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are a few use for a 6D maglite:

(1) Lght itself
(2) Weapon - a baton could be illegal in some areas, but a flashlight is not
(3) Play wiffle ball your kid
(4) Hide your jewelry
(5) Chin-up bar
(6) Rehabilitation - do curls with them for injured muscle
(7) Hide 10 extra flashlights inside so your spouse won't know you have so many lights.
(8) Did I also mention that it is also a flashlight?

In all seriousness, I may pick one up for $25 (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000056BME/?tag=cpf0b6-20)

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I have one too. :sssh:

If you stick the Mag xenon bulb in there the preformance for a bit over 10 hours is pretty impressive, for a stock Mag anyway. ;)

For 6 D cells I really thought it would be heavier than it actually is.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one too. :sssh:

If you stick the Mag xenon bulb in there the preformance for a bit over 10 hours is pretty impressive, for a stock Mag anyway. ;)

For 6 D cells I really thought it would be heavier than it actually is.

Not heavy? There's a saying ... A 6-D Mag doesn't cost an arm and a leg, but it certainly weighs like an arm and a leg. :lolsign: Okay, I just made that up.

I am seriously going to get one now and replace it with an LED.

MWClint

Enlightened
Try this combo..it's a decent led setup for the 6D. costs a few bucks..but it's a nice clean build.

dswoi p7($28), mag mop reflector($14), ucl($3), h22 p7 heatsink($14), taskled hipflex buck driver($35), 6x 10000mah accupower lsd nimh($75).

i have the same setup except with a different driver board setup
(der wichtel buck and a d2dim, but you cant get the d2dim anymore).

it literally will run forever on the lower levels and 5+ hours on high.

those 10Kmah lsd's add a great ammount of weight to the mag 6d,
basically turning it into an aluminum baseball bat with a light on one end.

i keep it in the hallway. only ever had to grab it once for an emergency.
3am this past halloween(wife and i were still up watching horror movies),
some drunk morons decided to hide in my front bushes. i grabbed the light
and gave them a full 3amp blast in their face and a few choice words. there
was no trouble, but he made a mess of the mulch/flowerbed.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's precisely why a 6D flashlight come in handy. <copied and paste> your suggestion.

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 6D Maglite features:
ROP High bulb
6 x D cell rechargeables
Aluminium reflector
Glass Lens

The total cost really isn't that much and it is a pretty bright torch. I can get a couple of hours of run time from 6 NiMH cells.

BTW
You don't need more than a couple of hours run time, if you need to use a torch for longer than that you WILL choose something smaller & lighter.

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 6D Maglite features:
ROP High bulb
6 x D cell rechargeables
Aluminium reflector
Glass Lens

The total cost really isn't that much and it is a pretty bright torch. I can get a couple of hours of run time from 6 NiMH cells.

BTW
You don't need more than a couple of hours run time, if you need to use a torch for longer than that you WILL choose something smaller & lighter.

I second this runtime with the low bulb is around 4 hours I can't think of a cheaper and easier way to get 600lm for 4 hours.

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are a few use for a 6D maglite:

(1) Lght itself
(2) Weapon - a baton could be illegal in some areas, but a flashlight is not
(3) Play wiffle ball your kid
(4) Hide your jewelry
(5) Chin-up bar
(6) Rehabilitation - do curls with them for injured muscle
(7) Hide 10 extra flashlights inside so your spouse won't know you have so many lights.
(8) Did I also mention that it is also a flashlight?

In all seriousness, I may pick one up for $25 (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000056BME/?tag=cpf0b6-20)

$25 is a steal considering a regular 2D incan Mag can run about the same price at retail.

My 6D Maglite features:
ROP High bulb
6 x D cell rechargeables
Aluminium reflector
Glass Lens

BTW

That sounds fairly easy to put together. :cool:

Cosmo7809

Enlightened
Few months I was in homedepot and saw a silver 6D LED mag for like 27 bucks... Didnt need it nor want it but had to have it... It is pretty heavy but now I know I have a bat and a light at the end of it ;)