Malkoff 4C drop in went kaput.....

Bushman5

Enlightened
I forgot i had this light from last year. Anyways, i pulled it out, still had the primaries in it (4 c cells) and i turned it on. lit up nice and bright, then :poof: :(. Changed the batteries , no light.

so who wants to solder on a new led (driver?? + led???) for me??? Something bright , maybe this new MCE led everyone is raving about...

thoughts? (

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
I forgot i had this light from last year. Anyways, i pulled it out, still had the primaries in it (4 c cells) and i turned it on. lit up nice and bright, then :poof: :(. Changed the batteries , no light.

so who wants to solder on a new led (driver?? + led???) for me??? Something bright , maybe this new MCE led everyone is raving about...

thoughts? (

Gene will make it right if there is anything wrong with something he made.

I'd send them an e-mail before tearing it apart..

Sverre

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Which drop in was it?

If it was one of Maglite's own LED drop-ins, it could be that the LED's loose. If the driver is fine, this might be a time to swap in a current gen LED.

The Cree MC-E is essentually 4 Cree XR-Es in a single package. That is how it achieves the higher output. It also produces much more heat at the higher currents.

Bushman5

Enlightened
stand by for pic!

cddab000.jpg

112afed6.jpg

Last edited:

Gene43

Enlightened
Wow! That's one of the older friction fit ones. If you contact me directly, I'd be happy to set you up with a new one.

Thanks, Gene