Question regarding selection of MadMax drop-in.

sph3ric_pyramid

Newly Enlightened
My next light is most likely going to be a drop-in for the Mag I have, and I've been considering the BadBoy/MadMax drop-ins (I like the idea of not having a dedicated body for the light).

Of the two, I think the MadMax might be better suited for my uses.

My question is, should I get the MM+ Q3 or the MM Q3L? The trade off seems to be brightness over run-time, and decreased life-span of the LED (although this really isn't a consideration). And do the MadMax modules come pre-adjusted?

sph3ric_pyramid

Newly Enlightened
I've thought about it...and realized that I probably don't really need something so incredibly bright. Unless there is a really significant difference in output, and negligible difference in run-time, I'll probably go with the MM Q3L or the BB400 Q3L.

Unless, of course, someone can convince me otherwise.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd say, get the BB400 Q3L... It's a constant brightness over a duration of 3+ hours with NiMHs with tapering output beyond that, and it's brighter than a shorter running BB500...

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I happen to have 2-full units over in the B/S/T forum for $50 each. It's going to cost you $45 for the BB400 from Wayne's Shop. I'm including the new light + Kroll clickie + the BB400-Q3L already installed.

paulr

Flashaholic
Re: Question regarding selection of MadMax drop-in

This_is_nascar, please check PM.