Streamlight tasklight 2 D?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight 2 D...does it have a step-up? If it doesn`t it will be the saddest ten led light out there...and the L-1...the single 123 batt light their coming out with too...better have a step-up. I can only assume it/they do. Would that mean it has at least some degree of regulation as well? Like the aaa Arc? Anyway I ordred one from Brightguy...suppose to be getting them in around the begining of next month. I`m not sure how well the straplled reflector will work with ten led`s taking up some of the reflector space. And it will be interesting to see how well the focusing works. I wonder if the center bulb is running off 3 volts or if it runs through a step up as well...if not I would not think it would be that bright...about the same as the old Surefire single 123 batt driven lights (what were they called E-1`s?) For the price this sounds...at least on paper...like great bang for the buck. But if no step up...these will be a total joke.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ken, from the 9.5 hr. advertized run time of the Xenon in the 2 D,I am guessing that it is a straight 3 volt job. I avoided it because I thought that would be the case. It still is a super run time, both on LED's, and Xenon.

I have ordered all the rest, the 3 C should be brighter (4.5 volts) but shorter Xenon run time (5 Hrs.). The 3 C LED run time is exactly double the 2 D (though only 3/6 LED's) .

I have a zillion Tac lights; I see these as true Task Lights (good name) with a very desirable flexibility and use. An Ultra Stinger, they are not.

There was a comment in another thread about the 2 L Task Light having a lower wattage lamp than the usual Scorpion/6P, but I will have to wait and see.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks John. I phoned Streamlight and they said these are coming from overseas. They are not a Streamlight design...however some changes have been made to bring the standard up having to do with the bodies. But as far as the electronics are concerned they are not sure exactly whats in there...but there is curcitry in there..."in stange places" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif Thats what I was told.

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure that the LED part has a step-up, or else it wouldn't work at all. We'll find out soon enough, anyway. I wasn't home when UPS came to deliver my 2D Twin-Task today, but I'll be picking it up tomorrow morning.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arrrg..... I keep hearing about people actually getting one. I have eight ordered from BrightGuy, guess they are waiting to fill the entire order. Oh well, patience, patience.........

Oddly enough, I am looking forward most to the 3AA Twin Task. It's not a pocket EDC, but I think it will be a great around the house light with a lot of uses. Just stick it thru your belt for carrying.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
JohnK said:
Asdalton- We would all appreciate a review of the 2D.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh please, me too. I hope you were able to pick it up today. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
JohnK:

From Tina Fram (Brightguy):

Update on Expected Ship Date for your BrightGuy order
for Streamlight Task Light(s)

The latest information from Streamlight is that they are on target to ship Task lights to us on June 1st. So, as soon as we have stock (should be approx June 4th), your order will be shipping to you.

Thanks for ordering from BrightGuy.
Tina Fram, BrightGuy, Inc.

I've got a sleuth of lights on order from SL, so let's hope the first week of June is "Happy Week"...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not like to bet, but consider that 2 D batteries quickly falls at 1.25 volt each... so the LEDs in the Tasklight 2D would be powered by 2.5 Volt after a short time. Have you tried to power a 5 mm white LED with 2.5 V? Can you call it LIGHT?
So, a bit of common sense tells me that must be a step-up. Otherwise, it would be a LED sign, not a LED light...

Anthony

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the 2D today, and I will post a review of it sometime tonight. I need to test it out a little at night before I decide how well some of the features work.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alright! Look forward to it. If you have some nearly dead batts as well it would be interesting to pop them in...see to what degree the step-up regulates the power...if at all. How is the build quality?

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Always the mantra... If it's a 2D light, stick 3C into it... Slap on some resistance, and call it a day...

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have posted my review of this light on the Reviews forum. Those of you who worried about the voltage issue have proven to be prophetic.