Any Flashlight Like the TK20 But Less Ugly and Cheaper?

NO OFFENSE TO TK20 OWNERS. Hey, if you like the design, more power to you. I personally, do not like the design.

1. It is very bulky for a 2AA light. I know it's built for the outdoors but wowsers, that's just a boat.

2. It comes with a clip. What is the deal with that clip anyhow? Is somebody really going to clip that thing to something? If you carry this in your pocket or even on the waist or anywhere else, that's gotta be uncomfortable.

Okay, my little rant aside, here are my questions.

#1. Are there any other flashlights with the "outdoorsiness" and "built like a tank" qualities of the TK20 that aren't as ugly?

#2. Say I do decide to get a TK20 just for the heck of it because I know it's a tank and forget about the looks. Can I remove that godawful clip and have it still be waterproof? Just making sure those screw holes don't end up with a leak straight to the battery compartment or something.

Thanks in advance. :twothumbs

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
eagletacs...same 2 mode operation and smaller

and yes clip on tk20 is removable and dont leak into tube, you can also leave screws in there as well to fill the holes

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The TK20 is the only 2 AA light with a neutral white LED that I'm aware of. The light should still be water resistant without the clip.(waterproof = dive light, most lights are water resitant)

The Eagletac lights might work.

aussiebob

Enlightened
I dont think its ugly, get one, it looks better in person.

Th clip holes only go down so far so dosent compromise water tightness.

vali

Enlightened
A bit off-topic. I read somewhere in this forum that TK20 is the thrower AA king but only... compared with the other fenix lights or all brands too?

carrot

Flashaholic
Yes, try the Surefire E2L. You lose the AAs but you get more runtime too. Meets point #1 exactly.

Didn't notice the cheaper bit. How about an Icon Rogue II?

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
A bit off-topic. I read somewhere in this forum that TK20 is the thrower AA king but only... compared with the other fenix lights or all brands too?

TK20 is the best throwing 2xAA flashlight on the market. And it even comes with neutral tint...

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone have a beamshot of the TK20 pointed about eight feet in front of them, the way one would carry a light when walking/hiking in the woods? I am recommending either the P100A2 or TK20 to a friend, and I wanted to see if the TK20 has too tight a spot for "the trail in front of you" field of view.

I know that it is well-regarded to be a fantastic thrower; it would be terrific to see a shot on the trail (there are many beamshots on fences, trees, buildings, etc., but it is harder to find a shot on the ground in front of you).