I'm Light-sitting Titan #924!!!!

nbp

Flashaholic
My friend (my not-a-broke-college-student-like-me-friend :broke:) has graciously let me light-sit :devil: his Titan, number 924 of 1000. This thing is really nice! :faint:
Not that I don't have lights that do the same thing, my EX10 has IBS, but man, it's just not the same. :ohgeez: The twisty on this Titan is beautiful, you can crank it down to just a fraction of lumen, and the beam is delicious! :eek:oo:

Anyways, I need some suggestions on what me and the Titan should do together over the next few days. Nothing destructive of course...in fact I'd rather it not leave the house/yard (I'd be in big trouble if it gets hurt. Don't tell anyone I said this, but I'm pretty sure this is the first time it's left his house... he just doesn't get it :sssh: :shakehead)

So what would you do if you got to light-sit a Titan for a week???

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
bring it to the backyard...and just... stare at it.

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup:
+1

Or take lots of photos of it like a sexy model. "come on, baby, turn your bezel, that's it! that's it! light me up, baby" :laughing:

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
The titan runs off of kinetic energy, much like a fine watch. It even comes with a "winding" display case.:nana:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should sit down, stare at the Titan and find an answer to this question:

'Do I keep the friend or do I keep the Titan?'

:whistle:

signed:

The proud owner of Titan #328 :grin2:

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
whats so good about a flashlight the size of a fenix ld01 and costs $500?

When I first started my journey towards flashaholism, I thought $100 was crazy expensive and people are nuts to buy these lights. Soon I realized that it was just like everything else we buy ... why a Rolex cost $5,000 and just tell time and date where a $100 Casio Pathfinder is more durable and gives you stopwatch, altimeter, compass, alarm, and thermometer. Also why women spends $1,000 for shoes or LV bags when there are cheaper alternatives. It's a matter of style and preference. The SF Titan is a classy titanium limited edition flashlight with potentiometer switching to adjust from 0-65 lumens.

I'm getting my SF Titan tomorrow through a recent trade, so I'll see if it's worth the hype. I'm sure I'll like it though. :thumbsup:

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast

:lolsign: decisions decisions .... you could always get new friends, but a Titan ...

easilyled

Flashaholic

Not this old chestnut again. It keeps cropping up.

What's so good about a BMW compared to an average car?
What's so good about a Steinway piano compared to a Schimmel?
What's so good about a Rolex watch compared to a Timex?

The answer is the pleasure that it gives the person that appreciates it.

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
Get a bubble wrap envelop, put my address on it, take it to the PO and send it to me. Sounds good.

nbp

Flashaholic
Let's not discuss this....but rather keep on topic. I do not want this to turn the way so many Surefire threads do and get closed. Thanks! Now that's out of the way. :wave:

signed:

The proud owner of Titan #328 :grin2:
That is a good question! :devil: HeHe. Unfortunately I see him weekly, so he'd notice it was gone, and I wouldn't be able to avoid him for long...:whistle:

I would take photos to share with others on this forum :thumbsup:
This I might be able to do! I don't have a very good camera, and my camera using skills are even worse, but I can try to post a few pics here in this thread if we do something fun together :D

Get a bubble wrap envelop, put my address on it, take it to the PO and send it to me. Sounds good.
HAAAAA! If I was going to do this, I'd just do like Kilovolt said and keep it myself!! :p

Great suggestions guys! Keep em coming! :popcorn:

streetmaster

Enlightened
I would take photos to share with others on this forum :thumbsup:

+1!
worthless.gif
:D :popcorn:

nbp

Flashaholic
Ok guys, like I said, I have a cheap camera, and my photography skills are nil. But you wanted pictures, so here you go! I took a few of the Titan acclimating to it its new "home" :naughty:

I will maybe post some more if we do some other things, like go for a walk outside :kiss:

Titan taking a nap

Titan receiving EDC praise

Titan meeting some family: G2 and 6PDL

vb14

Newly Enlightened
Nice pics!

For a week, try not to use any house lights and just use the TITAN. If there are other family members, have them use your other lights. If they ask why, tell them it's "disaster drill". ;)