Of all my lights, I am constantly and consistently impressed by

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
the Streamlight Stylus Pro. The size is perfect, the output is very good, the runtime is great, and the throw is great for a small light. If I could ony have one light, I could easily live with this one, easily.

PetaBread

Enlightened
:thinking: :shrug:

Nutnfancy just made a vid on it.

And I feel the same way about my LF3XT.

I tuck it in at night. :thumbsup:

Burgess

Flashaholic
And, ya' know . . . .

I'm still impressed by my "old and ancient"

Streamlight ProPolymer 4AA Luxeon.

Certainly a Benchmark in LED flashlight evolution.

:candle:
_

BRO

Newly Enlightened
I go back and forth between the Fenix LD01 and the LD10. Both lights are very impressive for size and functions. But between the two,it would be the LD10.

elumen8

Enlightened
Im constantly impressed by the Stylus Pro's little brother...the Streamlight Microstream. Small, reliable and packs a pretty good output for its size.

-JB

ps... Stylus Pro is in my briefcase and backpack. I guess I like it too

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
for me it's the Gerber LX1, Gerber IU & SureFire E1L Luxeon. :popcorn:
Gerber LX1
it has slightly more throw, better colour rendition in reality & a wee bit more flood than the Inova X5. not to mention a runtime of 10hr+ on a set of alkalines before a change of batts is needed.

Gerber UI
a very floody dim light very well suited for indoors use around the house

SureFire E1L (Gen1- Luxeon)
a pocket rocket in its Lux days in a small package. a compact companion light to a flooder light where weight & size is critical. despite the lack of spill, the square beam does not give the "tunnel vision" effect.

RGB_LED

Enlightened
HDS U60 XRGT. It may not have the brightest emitter and doesn't have the latest PD design, infinite light levels or even the greatest looks (although beauty is in the eye of the beholder), but it was - and to some degree, still is - a benchmark in terms of ruggedness, programmability and regulated output.

Now if I could just find the time to mod it with an SSC P4...

Last edited:

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
the Muyshondt Aeon. The runtime on low is outstanding, packs a punch on high when you need it, and you don't even realize it's there while on a keychain.

fishx65

Enlightened
And, ya' know . . . .

I'm still impressed by my "old and ancient"

Streamlight ProPolymer 4AA Luxeon.

Certainly a Benchmark in LED flashlight evolution.

:candle:
_

I'm with ya!!!! I have 5 Propolys modded with Seouls and I use them more then anything else I own. These modded Propolys are extremely bright, have a ton of throw & spill, run regulated for a looooong time and are really durable. They just feel like a flashlight should! Not to big, not to small, JUST RIGHT!

325addict

Enlightened
at this moment, I use flashlights most for all kinds of electronics inspections, where the SF L1 LumaMax does the job very, very well indeed.

It may have uhhh, not my favorite color of light, but as long as I'm not in the woods, that's no problem.

I've had it for a few weeks now, colleagues lent it even more than I use it myself, they leave it on all the time unneeded (needless to say, on high most of the time) and it is STILL on its first battery....

The intensity-ratio between high and low couldn't have been chosen better imo. Low is excellent for close-range inspection work, high is a real penetrator for looking deeply into computers, see any screw on the floor, and light up fairly large spots by "wall-bouncing" the light.

As soon as I go into the woods, I make sure to have a load of 18650s and off I go.... with the M90 Rattlesnake in my hands! Equipped with the LED-tailcap of course :thumbsup:

In a tent, I don't know yet... maybe the newly acquired A2 comes in handy... two flashlights in one :twothumbs
But as I don't have it here yet, I can't tell for now... just a guess!

Timmo.

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
My E1L is the one that has me doing Smeagol impressions. The TK10 and Jetbeam III M aren't too far behind.

saabgoblin

Enlightened
My Nuwai Qlll is my work key chain EDC, it's plenty bright and can light up an impressive area especially if there is no light pollution. Simple user interface and a decent balance between flood and throw and all for around 20.00$, still not bad. I just saw a Dorcy single cell the other day that looks similar and more than likely has a more powerful and efficent Cree emitter but I would rather save my money for other purchases, it's the old addage of "don't fix it if it aint broke".

Someday soon, I hope to put in an order at Battery Station for their 3.7 rechargeables to see what gains I'll get on the Qlll+Peak Ranier. If I can find a good source for some SSCP4's, I am interested in modding the light myself as well as an older PT Eos. Trying to slow down and control the I MUST HAVE THE NEWEST MOST POWERFUL LIGHT AVAILABLE:sick2: voices in my head and learn to be happy with and use what I already have.

nzbazza

Enlightened
My Fenix P2D premium 100 with the 100 Rebel LED.

The beam with it's good throw and wide smooth spill and no cree rings, the warmish tint, and the runtime haven't been beaten by pretty much anything in the last 18 months. (I have had no experience or comparison with high end customs however)