Natasha Richardson sad passing

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
My condolences to her family. A sudden and tragic end.

Life is so short and can be taken in a flash. Cherish your loved ones while you still have them. It will not always be so.

Bruce B

Enlightened
My condolences to her family. A sudden and tragic end.

Life is so short and can be taken in a flash. Cherish your loved ones while you still have them. It will not always be so.

Amen! My condolences to her family as well. Life is extremely short, we shouldn't take it for granted.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Sad indeed. I heard it happened on a "Bunny Hill/Training Run" with an instructor present. I also heard she wasn't wearing a helmet? Seems with an instructor "supervising" a helmet would be required gear?

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sad indeed. I heard it happened on a "Bunny Hill/Training Run" with an instructor present. I also heard she wasn't wearing a helmet? Seems with an instructor "supervising" a helmet would be required gear?

Very sad indeed. I read that a helmet was offered to her but she refused to wear it.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
May she rest in peace, How hard and where would you have to hit yourself to get that kind of injury? I fallen off bikes, roofs, in the shower, Hit by a car and I been fine, guess you have to hit yourself in the correct spot to do the damage.

Sad story

AlexGT

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Epidural hematoma (bleeding between the skull and brain) has been determined the cause of death.

I can't say I'm familiar with her work, but 45 is too young.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
How hard and where would you have to hit yourself to get that kind of injury?

Seems like the temple is the most common place.

Wikipedia said:
Epidural hematoma commonly results from a blow to the side of the head. The pterion region which overlies the middle meningeal artery is exceptionally weak and prone to injury. [5] Thus only 20 to 30% of epidural hematomas occur outside the region of the temporal bone.[6]

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast

+

Shocking news, ..very sad indeed.

I was a Snowboard Instructor for a few years in Colorado (have a Cert.II in Rocky Mountain Division),
its not a requirement by PSIA or AASI, or home mountains, to wear a helmet during lessons, it is recommended.