Crossbows Anyone?

imfrogman

Newly Enlightened
North Carolina has just made crossbows legal starting with this years deer season. I am definately getting one & looking at the Barnett Predator. Anyone have one & thoughts?

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Barnett Predator looks like the mutts nutz. Not cheap for a Barnett but a class act it seems, at least to an unexperienced Xbow shooter like myself...

gorn

Enlightened
I got my first crossbow in the early 60's, it was a wammo it think. You could order them from the back of comic books. I had a low end Barnett and it was nice. I did burn through the bolts though. The new ones are real nice and powerful. Make sure to keep the string waxed of you will wear them out fast.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope they did not make them legal during archery season. They are not bows and should not be allowed during that season. I have shot long bows and recurve bows for 45+ years and all a crossbow is nothing near to a bow. The new compounds are barely bows which take no real skill.

Of course this is a highly biased opinion from one who has participated in the sport he loves since the time he learned to walk bascially, I honestly do not ever remember a time when I did not have a bow. There is none of the artistry, elegance, and skill that always seperated archery from firearms in todays new contraptions.

Last edited: