6P bezel options?

fishx65

Enlightened
I've got a very old round 6P with the plastic lens. I just ordered a R2 drop in for it and have been looking to replace the bezel with a glass lensed model. What are some good ones and are you happy with them?

Ajay

Enlightened
Last edited:

fishx65

Enlightened
Re: 6P bezel options

Sorry, did a search and can't find the 6P bezel thread. Thanks for the link A. Are these Solarforce bezels pretty good quality or is it worth paying more for a Surefire?

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast

Are these Solarforce bezels pretty good quality or is it worth paying more for a Surefire?

If you want to keep the price down, Solarforce quality is very decent.

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have a Solarforce, but they look identical to the G&P, which I do have.

Lighthound has the Solarforce non-crenelated bezel for $12, and crenelated for $9. The G&P is $13, and includes both crenelated and non-crenelated retaining rings.

Some differences vs. a SureFire anti-roll 6P bezel:

- SureFire uses a polymer retaining ring. The G&P uses metal (probably aluminum) retaining ring for the non-crenelated (the metal crenelated ring is its own retaining ring).

- SureFire window is AR coated Pyrex. IIRC, light transmission is something like 98%. G&P window is some unknown quality glass window.

- SureFire bezel has a metal lip on which the rim of the lamp reflector sits. Thus, the lamp does not press against the glass window. In contrast, there is no metal lip for the G&P. To mimic this lip, G&P includes a metal spacer ring. If you don't use this ring, the lamp sits presses directly on the window. If you do use the spacer ring, the lamp presses on the ring which presses against the window. The ring is also unsecured and can fall out if you have to unscrew the bezel for some reason. Some LED drop-ins work better with the ring. Others don't need the ring or even leave a gap between the bezel and flashlight body if you use the ring.

Last edited:

fishx65

Enlightened
Thanks! Think I'm gonna go with the G&P. I like the all black look and the retaining ring option.

Ajay

Enlightened

Sorry, did a search and can't find the 6P bezel thread. Thanks for the link A. Are these Solarforce bezels pretty good quality or is it worth paying more for a Surefire?

Justin nailed that question. I can only testify to surefire quality not solarforce or G&P since I don't own any. Pretty sure you can't beat surefire anyway.
Good luck with your new bezel.