Anyone mod an Olight M20 Warrior?

gunga

Flashaholic
I'm thinking of putting in a warm Cree Q3 5A in one. Has anyone opened one up for modding? I can't seem to find any pix of a mod...

Last edited:

1dash1

Enlightened
Re: Anyone mod an Olight M2 Warrior?

I'm thinking of putting in a warm Cree Q3 5A in one. Has anyone opened one up for modding? I can't seem to find any pix of a mod...

I think you mean the Olight M20 Warrior. The premium version is running an R2 WH-bin, which already is quite warm. I wouldn't expect anyone to do a Q3 mod.

However, I've been wondering about an MC-E mod. I might ship mine to Milkyspit for his opinion about whether the M20 might be a suitable host for a throwy MC-E mod.

dagored

Enlightened
Corrected, thanks.

Last one I saw was pretty green, I really prefer warm 5A to green WH... Are the R2s ever WG?

Gunga, a novice here, but I think I can shed some light on your question.

I just received my M20 premium. Next to my Tomahawk GP FirstLight, it is not greenish if that is your question. However, it is not as White(?) - my description.

If warmer you mean toned down, then yes. Like I said, new at this and I can only boast three lights. NiteCore D10 - Tomahawk GP and the M20. Happy with all three. So far.

Mikey V

Newly Enlightened
Corrected, thanks.

Last one I saw was pretty green, I really prefer warm 5A to green WH... Are the R2s ever WG?

I ordered my M20 Premium from Battery Junction. They offer a choice of R2 with WH tint (std. on the premium model) or you can, for an extra five bucks, option the R2 with a WD tint. I got the WD. Very nice, pure white. No greenishness. Check the pulldown menu when selecting color choices. It isn't just for the external color, OD or black.