Has anyone seen these yet? 900 Lumen P7 LED 'Brighter than Arc1/Arc2'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueberry556

Newly Enlightened
eBay link

Anyone know what the actual output is for these Wunder Heads? I mean, come on, it says right in the description that their 900 Lumens is somehow brighter than SF's Arc1 and Arc2 HIDs, which SF rates at 2000 and 5000 Lumens, respectively. That doesn't even make numerical sense, technology aside. 'Never need buy a HID light' my hind-end... :duh2:

This is me, with a 10ft pole, not touching it :poke:

edit: I apologize, I did not consider referencing the country of manufacture as being racist in any way, reference removed.

edit: Removed 'Supposedly' from title. Sarcasm in unjustified spot.

Last edited:

jake25

Enlightened
Re: Has anyone seen these yet? Supposedly 900 Lumen 'P7' LED

eBay link

Anyone know what the actual output is for these Taiwanese Wunder Heads? I mean, come on, it says right in the description that their 900 Lumens is somehow brighter than SF's Arc1 and Arc2 HIDs, which SF rates at 2000 and 5000 Lumens, respectively. That doesn't even make numerical sense, technology aside. 'Never need buy a HID light' my hind-end... :duh2:

This is me, with a 10ft pole, not touching it :poke:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/212701

http://www.google.com/search?q=p7&sitesearch=candlepowerforums.com

You are new. If your knowledge of LED technology is minimal try to browse around and learn some information. Maybe use search. It's as easy as using Google, well it is Google. These might not be 900 lumens, but a P7 does have the potential to be 900 lumens. This is called marketing. Any company can market that, American, Chinese or etc.

PS: Calling them "Taiwanese Wunder Heads" is Blatant Racism in my book. I have reported your post. Please keep the ignorance down. There is a lot to learn on these forums, and you're off to not a great start.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast

FYI, 900 lumens might be from the LED emitter but not out the front. So, technically it can attain 900 lumens. As per previous poster, please research, there are China manufacturers that enjoy a good following like Fenix and Jetbeam, both manufacturers get my business.

Cheers

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast

I thought Blueberry was joking.....:duh2: (sorry..)

lovecpf :welcome:

I have a few P7`s running at 600-700`ish...!
On the right battery setup/converter and nice UCL lens this is not realy a problem....:twothumbs

KD/DX are a few letters to stay away from if you want those figures though....:)

Blueberry556

Newly Enlightened

I was trying to make a point about the marketing, thank you. Apparently you (jake25) don't mind someone marketing a product using faulty math, but I do.

P.S. Reference to country of manufacture removed from my post, with apology. You can remove it from yours as well if you really feel that citing the origin of a product is racist.

edit: didn't quote and had intervening posts

jake25

Enlightened

I was trying to make a point about the marketing, thank you. Apparently you don't mind someone marketing a product using faulty math, but I do.

P.S. Reference to country of manufacture removed from my post, with apology. You can remove it from yours as well if you really feel that citing the origin of a product is racist.
Blueberry. You are new here and I am assuming you are new to flashlight technology. There is no need to turn this into an argument however I think it would be wise to browse the LED sub forum to gain some knowledge.

Sometimes a company might overinflate their numbers, this is something ANY company sometimes does whether it be flashlights or anything else. There is also a difference of lumens between the amount at the emitter and the amount that actually comes up the front of the flashlight. Surefire likes to measure lumens out the front, under estimating their numbers. Some companies measure lumens at the emitter. Differnt things for different companies.

I hope you learn many things about LEDs

Blueberry556

Newly Enlightened

I thought Blueberry was joking.....:duh2: (sorry..)

lovecpf :welcome:

I have a few P7`s running at 600-700`ish...!
On the right battery setup/converter and nice UCL lens this is not realy a problem....:twothumbs

KD/DX are a few letters to stay away from if you want those figures though....:)

I don't even know what that means, sorry. But you say you really get that much out of these? I just looked around a little more and found that 'P7' is in reference to the LED itself. I thought it was the model number, a la Surefire. Guess I should edit the title.

edit: Doh! Guess I can't edit the title line, oh well...

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast

OMG, seems like every other thread gets infected faster then a bee stings....

I fail to see racism here myself..
What about US wonderlights made by SF...?

C`mon....

Let Blueberry read up on different stickys and threads of interest..
The "welcome mat" is awesome aswell....

Again: :welcome:

(think happy thoughts...! It`s frickin summer soon...!)

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast

edit: Doh! Guess I can't edit the title line, oh well...

Yes, you can..
When you`ve pressed "edit" look for the button that says "advanced edit"..
The first is "quick-edit"...

Now go read stickys and readup......:cool:

Blueberry556

Newly Enlightened

Blueberry. You are new here and I am assuming you are new to flashlight technology. There is no need to turn this into an argument however I think it would be wise to browse the LED sub forum to gain some knowledge.

Sometimes a company might overinflate their numbers, this is something ANY company sometimes does whether it be flashlights or anything else. There is also a difference of lumens between the amount at the emitter and the amount that actually comes up the front of the flashlight. Surefire likes to measure lumens out the front, under estimating their numbers. Some companies measure lumens at the emitter. Differnt things for different companies.

I hope you learn many things about LEDs

I'm not trying to argue with you about it, hence the apology, but I still feel that even if they make 900 Lumens at the emitter, the claim about being brighter than Surefire's (underestimated) 2000/5000 Lumen numbers is wholly inappropriate. It makes me thing they are trying to throw one over on me, and feel like I shouldn't give them my business.

I am learning many things about LEDs, like the measurement thing. I didn't catch that after 3 days of poring through the forum, marketplace, and archives. I guess it just didn't get mentioned in anything I read, but when I saw that listing on eBay, it really got my goat.

Also, still don't mean to argue with you about it, but how is citing the country of manufacture racist? I realize in retrospect that the way I stated it was inappropriate, henct the retraction and apology, but I still think it had a direct bearing on the quality and marketing of the product.

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Has anyone seen these yet? Supposedly 900 Lumen P7 LED

I`m unsubscribing before lockdown.......:tired:

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast

It gets locked because he reported me no matter what, huh?

NO......:caution:

NO-body except our mods or admins can make that decision..
And a "report" could also just result in a "calmdown boys"...

This whole thread should take step back and be re-read...
Just leave this for now and come back later on...
there has been a million threads about SF (US) VS Asian lights...

EDIT: it doesn`t matter where anybody is from..
I`m a frickin redhead with Irish pikey genes FCOL.....
Take a breather an be back later....:)
Infected is an understatement...

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll buy a Taiwanese Wunder Head from FleaBay and get back here...

Brighter than a genuine Arc from SureFire?? Maybe brighter than the Arc 5mm...

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would have said the same thing you said in the original post then told everyone else to shut it.

Sometimes using the Search button to look through gobs of pages for one little tiny thing you're never going to find is a waste of time.

If people didn't ask questions.. there would be NOTHING to talk about.

Look at the beamshot though Blueberry. The light that made that beamshot is so far away from 900 lumens I loled really hard.

This might not be a new head scam, but it is a lumen output false claim.

Odds are against foreign countries that would have done this anyway, facts suck don't they.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
:welcome:

Part of the joy of being a flashaholic is that we have all the resources of CPF to help smoke out inflated EBay reseller numbers; if you see a figure that's questionable, you can pretty quickly find a broad range of objective real-world measurements and flashlight/emitter comparisons to get down to the truth.

Most EBay resellers are of somewhat nebulous repute, as are their numbers. Here's a handful of flashaholic-favorite trusted distributors and retailers that keep it honest (and have good enough customer service to help you find answers, too). Do browse and see what piques your interest:

https://www.4sevens.com/
http://www.lighthound.com/
http://www.batteryjunction.com/
http://www.brightguy.com/
http://www.bugoutgearusa.com/index.html

Empath

Flashaholic
The Other Auction Notices in the Marketplace is the proper forum for calling attention to eBay sales. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.