Nitecore D10

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I should have one early next week and I'm sure looking forward to trying it out! I really enjoy one AA and one CR123 lights! I was wondering who makes a good belt holster for this D10?? Thanks!!

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI, I bought a Fenix holster for their AA lights from Lighthound and it fits nicely!

When I get a chance I can post some photos.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's Fenix L1D holster with a D10 in it:

cimg1310ek3.jpg

cimg1309aj1.jpg

:wave:

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys! Didn't even know a optional clip was available, I'll order one on my next order!

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, cheers! I just ordered a clip too. I don't use clips as such, but it will be useful to prevent rolling.

oldpal

Enlightened
Thanks guys! Didn't even know a optional clip was available, I'll order one on my next order!

If you order the $8 clip from 4Sevens and use the Discount Coupons:spdclip, you will get a $3.50 discount. 4Sevens is a very good company to deal with.

Hugh

sardian

Newly Enlightened
The pocket clip for the D10 (and EX10) are great. Very strong and makes the light look even better. I have one on both. I wish my Extreme had one as nice.

The D10 and EX10 are among my favorite to EDC. Great lights.

Photo of my D10 with pocket clip:
PocketClupD10.jpg

yowzer

Enlightened
If you order the $8 clip from 4Sevens and use the Discount Coupons:spdclip, you will get a $3.50 discount. 4Sevens is a very good company to deal with.

Hugh

Doh. Mine just came in the mail today; would have been nice to know about that.

Attaching the clip was a royal pain. I had to take a pair of pliers and bend the clip so that I could get both ends screwed down -- out of the bag, one end was sticking out a quarter inch when the other end was screwed in. Anyone else have that problem?

wadus

Newly Enlightened
Yeah mine was like that too, I think it is supposed to be? I just set one by screwing it in a little bit, then got the other one in. I went back and forth between the screws as I tightened them so everything went in evenly.

Absolutely LOVE my D10 with a clip on it. It is a pretty thin and short light, so the clip also adds a little more surface area to hold onto. :thumbsup:

shinank

Newly Enlightened
Yeah mine was like that too, I think it is supposed to be? I just set one by screwing it in a little bit, then got the other one in. I went back and forth between the screws as I tightened them so everything went in evenly.

Absolutely LOVE my D10 with a clip on it. It is a pretty thin and short light, so the clip also adds a little more surface area to hold onto. :thumbsup:

+1. Yes! I had that problem too. I had to do exactly that. Start one screw then alternate tightening each one until it was tight.

oldpal

Enlightened
Doh. Mine just came in the mail today; would have been nice to know about that.

Attaching the clip was a royal pain. I had to take a pair of pliers and bend the clip so that I could get both ends screwed down -- out of the bag, one end was sticking out a quarter inch when the other end was screwed in. Anyone else have that problem?

You probably shouldn't have used the pliers to bend the clip. It's supposed to be like that. The clip pulls back against the screws, acting something like a lock-washer and will tend to keep the screws tight.

This is exactly the way I did it.

Yes the clips really improve these great lights.

Hugh

hatman

Enlightened
My D10 arrived today from 4Sevens -- ordered Monday, arrived Thursday! -- and I have the same worries about the clip: doesn't look like the holes match the clip.

Of course, you folks have already gone through this, and your clips do match the holes, right?

Here's my question: does trying to attach the clip -- especially if you need several tries! -- scratch or otherwise harm the D10?

I'm asking as someone who can barely screw in the proverbial lightbulb.

Thanks,

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
Couldn't resist the allure... had to order one myself... HEY.... I just had a birthday! (That's good enough reason to buy a D10, isn't it?) Will look to receive it next week sometime...

drmaxx

Enlightened
My D10 arrived today from 4Sevens -- ordered Monday, arrived Thursday! -- and I have the same worries about the clip: doesn't look like the holes match the clip.

Here's my question: does trying to attach the clip -- especially if you need several tries! -- scratch or otherwise harm the D10?

The clip has a larger diameter then the D10 itself. But the hole do match once you forced the metal to have the same diameter. With this you create a tension that prevent the screws from getting loose.

I can not think of any way to harm the D10 by attaching the clip. However, I did find the whole process rather flimsy and not easy at all. Especially, because the wrench supplied was not really fitting the screws (this might have changed now). But once it is attached then it 'Just Works' (TM).:grin2:

oldpal

Enlightened
The clip has a larger diameter then the D10 itself. But the hole do match once you forced the metal to have the same diameter. With this you create a tension that prevent the screws from getting loose.

I can not think of any way to harm the D10 by attaching the clip. However, I did find the whole process rather flimsy and not easy at all. Especially, because the wrench supplied was not really fitting the screws (this might have changed now). But once it is attached then it 'Just Works' (TM).:grin2:

Yes, the clip is a little hard to install and the supplied wrench is not very good, but the clip is OK. Put a little Blue Loctite on the threads to help keep the clip tight.

Hugh