romisen rc-f4 not working help

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't put the batteries in backwards! If there is just a minor not quite tight problem...you may blow the electronics.
Try the batteries-no tailcap..then short the rear battery to the body. Use a small pliers if you don't have wire.
Some new lights just don't make contact at all the right places...and you have to try loosening and tightening everything a few times.
If you have no luck...but can get at the led- the try putting the voltage from 1 123 battery directly to the led with two wires. Won't hurt here if you get the battery wrong. Not enough voltage to hurt the Led, but it will light dimly if you get pos to pos, and the led is ok. Do not use 2 batteries!! THat will blow the led.

Skidmark6

Newly Enlightened
Not to rub salt in the wounds, but next time order from shining beam, not only can you get a brighter Rc-F4 with a Q5, but it will ship faster and i would guess it would be easier to resolve any problems although Ive never had any problems with shining beam lights. They also have forward clicky switches and offer a cpf discount. Hopefully you can get yours to work.

nasa779

Newly Enlightened
Don't put the batteries in backwards! If there is just a minor not quite tight problem...you may blow the electronics.
Try the batteries-no tailcap..then short the rear battery to the body. Use a small pliers if you don't have wire.
Some new lights just don't make contact at all the right places...and you have to try loosening and tightening everything a few times.
If you have no luck...but can get at the led- the try putting the voltage from 1 123 battery directly to the led with two wires. Won't hurt here if you get the battery wrong. Not enough voltage to hurt the Led, but it will light dimly if you get pos to pos, and the led is ok. Do not use 2 batteries!! THat will blow the led.

it works when i leave the tailcap off and take a paperclip from the - of the batt to the flashie body

Last edited:

nasa779

Newly Enlightened
actually i completely disassembled the tailcap, cleaned the contact surface, and used loctite on it all and it works fine now, it was just really loose lol