The Lumens of a 9-Led flashlight.

BlueBoom

Newly Enlightened
Would any of you fine gentle-men/women know the lumens of this remarkingly fine flashlight.

Advertising link removed as unnecessary - Empath

I know it says 31 lumens in the description but DX usally lies!

Last edited by a moderator:

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, IMO, I'd say it could be pretty accurate..

worst case, I might go for 2 lumens per led, which gives me 18 lumens?

Marduke

Flashaholic
Do yourself a favor and just forget about the junky 9x5mm lights.

Poor quality, and woefully dim compared to modern tech.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah please forget it and don't waste your time asking about it. This is not worth the money. Of course there are good reviews in DX, but they are written by people who have always used a 2D incan flashlight. And for them this is "very nice".

I think you have already made another post related to it...

Buy yourself a REAL LED flashlight, I would recommend the Fenix E20. Cheap, bright, simple.

carrot

Flashaholic
20, maybe 30 lumens is a good guess. However I'd be willing to bet it won't be for long. The last flashlight in a similar configuration that I owned began failing pretty quickly because of the crappy LEDs being overdriven.

Unfortunately we do not find such inexpensive lights very interesting on this forum. If you like it due to the multi-LED configuration, Inova X5 and Peak Kilmanjaro have a similar design but are much better made, or if you are just looking for bright and cheap look to Fenix and similarly popular manufacturers.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the habit of giving all my new lights a few cycles with rechargeable cells.
Those who survife say 5-10 will be used then.
Never ever has any of these lights had all led still shine after this threatment, I dont even use them to lend around.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I bought an 8 LED 3AAA light long ago before luxeons were more commonplace and made the mistake of using nimh in it. Fried the LEDs over a few hours one by one. I replaced them all with some better LEDs and installed a 3 ohm? resistor in the tailcap that limited current to max 25 ma/LED (200ma total) The returns off overdriving 5mm LEDs above 20ma are offset by premature dimming and failing LEDs such that 9 LED lights tend to be disposable. I see them for $1-$2 at stores often and under $5 with batteries at the bigger stores. They may give out 30+ lumens but have almost no throw to them so at distances beyond 10 foot they are not very effective compared to even a simple old 2AA incan.
I will reiterate.... 9LED 3AAA lights should be considered disposable. If you consider them as such and buy cheap batteries for them they are decent throwaway lights that when the lights start having issues you toss them and get another one not worrying about fixing them. Cheap heavy duty batteries leaking in them are no big deal so you could pass them out to the kids.