How many times brighter would this be.

Fenix Digital L2D CE

Compared to this.

DX/sku.1254 9Led flashlight

Like 2x, 3x, 4x ECT.

Last edited by a moderator:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The 9 LED light would produce a blue-tinted ~20 lumen flood that would give you a wide swath of light for about 20 feet.

The Fenix has a nicely balanced beam which is a good mix of flood and throw at 135 lumens.

So the Fenix is roughly seven times brighter, with many times more throw. Plus the no-name light appears to be powered by 3xAAAs, which is very poor engineering/power density, I would expect maybe a few hours of runtime at best. Fenix is known for their efficiency, and with 2xAA cells, the L2D has no problem doing 2+ days on low.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Well, if you use the best LEDs in the 9 5mm LED light you should be able to get over 90 lumen, but since those are nowhere close to the best, My guess is around 30 lumen or a relatively floody beam.

You can't really compare the output of those two lights because of the different beam pattern and tint. The Fenix will be a good bit brighter.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
~20 lumens for the first 20 minutes off fresh alkalines versus regulated ~135 lumens for most of the run.... IMHO the Fenix is is "Considerably" brighter for considerably longer. But that depends on the visual perception of the individual.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
see here:

the modded SF 6P houses a Cree P4 and thus should be about the brightness of an actual Fenix.
Cam is set on auto - means brightness setting is taken for the brightest light and less powerful ones show their less bright beam

Lights:
Fenix L1D ...... 28 led showerhead ...... Maglite 2D ...... modded single-die Cree XR-e (P4) light
anfwxznc9ctdrpeus.jpg

just the showerhead:
anfwyeazdc6lt5to4.jpg

showerhead to the right at rear tyre, Fenix L1D added:
anfwyqjovzx0sytmc.jpg

a Maglite added:
anfwz3int26b55to4.jpg

a real powerful single-die led light added, smoking all the others with ease:
anfwze53b5281js6s.jpg

instead of the 9-Led, get Yourself a Fenix E01, which makes a nice, rugged, long running EDC-light...
but for power, get a Fenix, Jetbeam, ...

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I have one of those showerhead lights in black... its not worth the $$$. It was surprisingly bright running DD off an 18650, got pretty warm too... till the LEDs started to die, one at a time.:D

dscn0292we8.jpg

kramer5150

Flashaholic
@yellow...
Are you running that 6P XRE-P4 direct drive off an 18650/17670? A P4 can be surprisingly bright direct driven off an 18650. Provided with sufficient thermal cooling mine has been very reliable.

Empath

Flashaholic
A couple of off-topic posts have been removed. A discussion of dealers isn't related to the topic.

BlueBoom, I'm not going to continue moving your posts to the proper forums. We hold members responsible for learning the layout of forums, the rules, and a simple reading of what has already been discussed.

Also, every time you mention a flashlight, it's not necessary to provide a link to a dealer's offers to sell the product.

Please take the time to familiarize yourself with our board.

Last edited:

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
kramer: no, there is a flupic driver inside, max is 900 mA to led

also the very deep sandwich shoppe 19 mm reflector does very good work
(imho still the best reflector for an XR-E)

Last edited: